All reviewsheron lagoonthe kitchenfree kayaksheated poolscreened in porchold floridafor couples or familiesenjoyed our stayromantic getawaywould definitely stay here againminute drivebed was very comfortablecrescent beachjackiekayakingdockbikes
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was supposed to be a non-smoking bungalow where we stayed but the ventilation system carried smoke from a neighboring room and made for a most unpleasant stay. A little pricey for not being directly on the Gulf. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank MalGregoire
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My girlfriend book this for our vacation and it was amazing. The place is called Siesta Key BUNGALOWS... Not Siesta Key Suites. So please remember that when booking and reading the other reviews. I loved the atmosphere of this hotel and enjoyed every moment there. I truly felt that I was at my own beach house. The hotel is right off Heron Lagoon and they provide two kayaks for their guests to use! So no need to go and rent kayaks at these other locations. I did go kayaking up Heron and it was fun and a great place to bird watch. The hotel also provided bikes for your personal use and we rode them to both Turtle and Crescent beach which made it nice to leave the rental behind. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. I would recommend staying here if in Siesta Key.

Room Tip: Choose a room off the Heron lagoon!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhatPatW
Reviewed September 12, 2012

First arriving the staff was very helpful with local favorites and things to do. The room was very clean and comfy. They have all the kitchen utensils you need( we made breakfast and lunch everyday). They provide kayaks and bikes complimentary to the guests which I thought was great! Kayaking up and down the Heron Lagoon was gorgeous! Crescent beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've been to and short bike ride from the bungalows. When I go back to siesta key I will most definitely stay at Siesta Key Bungalows again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank SamiJeanS
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just spent 2 nights here and will never return. Really bad. We were here for a reduced rate of only $160 per night because that's about double what the stay was worth. The regular rate is $320 per night and can't imagine paying that for this place.

We stayed in the Mermaid and the inside was clean however that's where any positive impression stopped. The furnishing are very old and sparse. The living room had only 1 old wicker chair (missing the cushion) and a sleeper sofa. The TV is across the room and almost too tiny to see. All floor tiles are chipped and worn and show signs of years abuse and wear.

The kitchen is also dated and the faucet is so loose on the sink it feels as though it may fall off at any moment.

The bedroom is ok but the bed is old, very soft and worn out.

The bathroom is vintage 1950's with cracked tiles, mildew and rust in the tub and rust in sink. The greenish colored tile and peach sink and tub appear to be original and should have been contributed to the artificial reef program decades ago. The bathroom door will not lock and the knob is hard to turn. It's also important to note the walls are painted in white primer with white floor tiles and white window blinds and white curtains and the bedding is all...white. FYI there are other colors in the rainbow. It's like a hospital room stay.

After all this, my main complaint is the air conditioning. We arrived at 3:00pm our first day and the interior temp was 80 degrees. At 10:00pm it was 79 degrees and it wasn't till 3:00am the next morning the temp dropped to a comfortable 76 degrees and we stopped sweating.

I brought some of theses concerns to the manager, Ashley, a pleasant and friendly person, who stated this room was intended for a "different age group". Not really sure what age group could appreciate these accommodations but maybe there is one out there...somewhere.

A prior review stated the place was having "financial issues" and if that's correct, it shows in the lack of maintanence inside these units. It's actually really a shame because the setting is very nice, as is the small pool area. We really enjoyed one morning sitting on the front porch watching the rain fall thru the lush foilage in front of the unit in the courtyard area.

Also they advertise wireless internet service but that system was inoperable our entire stay.

I really hope this place gets their act together as this could be a really nice place to kick back and relax a few days as their setting is unique and lends itself to that type of stay. My wife summed it up perfectly. It has the feel of a cheap Motel.

Room Tip: Unless they put some money into this place avoid staying here. Very old and run down units inside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
20  Thank Barry K
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We will NOT be staying at Siesta Key Bungalows ever again!!! We booked a long weekend in the Dolphin room. We were ready for a relaxing weekend and excited after reading good reviews and getting a great discount. My initial reaction after checking in was how extremely OVERPRICED the bungalows are for what you get. I am glad we booked at a discounted rate because I couldn’t imagine paying ~$320 per night for this dirty run-down place.

Cleanliness: The floors were dirty and our feet were black within minutes of walking throughout the bungalow. It was laughable that the housekeeper left an envelope for tips.

Bedroom: Old mattress on bed with a pillow top cover to make it look new/soft. Be ready to have an achy back every morning.

Kitchen: Old and greasy appliances. Numerous cracks in wallpaper/plaster. The kitchen sink drained into a bowl under the sink that had to be emptied outside. I am certain that the office had prior knowledge of this issue since bowl was placed to catch the leaking water. It is a shame that we were not made aware of this problem.

Patio: Uninviting and covered with leaves.

We ended up leaving a day early after the office couldn’t manage to repair the kitchen sink. We stated that there was no reason to pay ~$200 per night while having to wash dishes in the bathroom. The office provided zero customer service and stayed in their closet office while we had issues with the room. Instead, I spent a day of my vacation checking with them while, evidently, nothing was being done.

After my stay, I conducted a quick search of Siesta Key Bungalows along with the management company. They seem to be going through financial issues; I can only assume this is the reason behind the deteriorated state of the place.

Overall we feel ripped-off and wish we had of stayed ANYWHERE else!

Finally, I should mention that we were refunded for the night that we did not stay. However, this does not make-up for the above stated issues.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Dolphin, or bring pliers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple