All reviewsheron lagoonthe kitchenfree kayaksheated poolscreened in porchold floridafor couples or familiesenjoyed our stayromantic getawaywould definitely stay here againminute drivebed was very comfortablecrescent beachjackiekayakingdockbikes
Reviewed February 25, 2018

SKB is located in a lovely part of Siesta Key, not far from Turtle Beach. It's a quiet, safe, residential area. The bungalow itself was immaculately clean. It was nice to have a full kitchen and the bathroom and bedroom were comfortable, and the air conditioning worked well. There were a few things that were rather disappointing, such as the fan in the bedroom that would not turn off, with no attempt by management to address this issue despite my request on my first day of arrival. The shower-head was duct-taped into place, apparently having fallen on the previous guest's head (per a guest book entry), so I was reluctant to reposition it. The internet/wifi connection was weak and at times intermittent, which I found very frustrating. These issues dampened my enthusiasm and thus I have rated SBK with 3 starts instead of 4. That said, it was comfortable and situated in a lovely location.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
gluper, Manager at Siesta Key Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Greetings, this is Brandon, I am the new Bungalow Manager. I just read your comment about the shower head and i went into the unit, and saw the duct tape. This was unfortunately before me, and this should not have been left that way. A new shower head is being installed right now, as this as been brought to my attention.

About the wifi, i did walk out and saw that it was at half strength. I will look into a more powerful wifi router.

On the issue of the fan not turning off. Its not wired to the switches at the entrance, i was able to pull down on the pull and make it stop, so i know that it can stop now.

It is the details and the little things that can make or break an experience, and I will be sure that the issues you have addressed will not be issues for current and future guests. Hope to see you back.

-Brandon, Bungalow Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2018

We have traveled the world. For over $200 per night, this was absolutely the worst property we have ever stayed We could not believe it received good reviews from Trip advisor. The rooms had no amenities, except a bar of soap and toilet paper. The shower/tub had no hot water. With the Florida sand, sun and dirt, the floors and sheets were not cleaned in the week we were there. You were expected to wash your own dishes and clean your bungalow, yet they charged a cleaning fee. The sidewalks were uneven and dangerous. The roll away bed mattress was rotting. The pool was tiny. The manager said she would help, but never did. The location was the only positive. We could have gone to a luxury, all inclusive hotel in the Caribbean for not much more. I will not look to Trip Advisor again for quality travel advice.

Room Tip: Property was very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne H

Greetings, my name is Brandon, I am the new Bungalow Manager. I was not here during your stay, and taking your concerns seriously as we have had lots of great reviews as you even noted in your feedback. I will address each point as i have done my research with the staff on your observations:

House cleaning changes any linens, sheets, or towels when you leave them out. If there are any spot issues like sandy floors, you can request service. We don't have daily cleaning services for the floors, this is common for bungalows at Siesta Key as we are not like a large hotel.

For the dirty dishes, we offer a full kitchen for your use, but we don't have daily cleaning service that washes your dirty dishes. This is also common for bungalows and lodging on Siesta Key.

For the sidewalk issue, we have red brick payment. Any uneveniness you saw would because of any settling or underground roots, but nothing that sticks out. The cleaning staff observered that you were using a walker and if we had known that, we would have suggested a different unit that didn't involve some stairs, so something we will try to catch in the future with guests.

For the "tiny pool", its not a lap pool or olympic pool for sure, but the size of a backyard inground pool that does allow you to do some swimming, cannonballing (goes from 3' to 6.5') and be immersed. The pool is heated.

The issue of the roll away bed that had the rotting smell, that was a problem as they are not used as often and was not checked. Something that will be corrected.

As you mentioned, the location was good, and it is, much quieter than the congestion north of us. We are disappointed that you did not have a good stay. We are not a luxury all inclusive hotel that does not have the kind of services that you are used to, but we do have the "old florida" charm, a great courtyard that you can relax after the beach, a staff that loves the property, and happy guests that come back each year, hence the high ratings we have on tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Wife and I loved our time at Bungalow Beach. It was clean, air conditioned, comfortable with internet and flat screen TV. Staff was friendly and helpful. I like the one story ground level bungalow. It is so close to the beach. We could see the water and hear the waves from our porch. We would go back. .

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We left NH and the temps were -24. Arrived in Siesta Key and it was 72. How delightful! Cottage was so comfortable and the location was perfect. Siesta Key Beach was amazing to me - the sand was cool on my feet. Went to Crescent Beach and wasn't as crowded, but with the same type of sand! Lovely!! Had a Wonderful Time!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed January 15, 2018

We stayed in the Ringling bungalow and couldn’t have been more pleased. The bungalow had everything we could’ve asked for and more. Wonderful view from our back deck, bicycles available to ride, WiFi, cable and best of all...no phones.
We would definitely stay here again. Great for couples or families. Pool and bbq for our use was nice for staying in and relaxing.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple