“February Monthlong Vacation”

The Ringling Beach House - A Siesta Key Suites Property
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We loved our stay at the Beach House! The owner and staff are very accommodating, personable and helpful (we received a print-out each week of the many many activities going on in the Sarasota/Siesta Key area). We loved being walking distance to the beach, with access across the street, and only a 3-block walk to the public Siesta Key Beach, so it was easy to attend free yoga-on-the-beach several mornings a week. It is an equally easy walk in the other direction to Siesta Key Village - great restaurants, bars, shops, and for longer visitors, salons, a post office, and a grocery. The Beach House itself is very well maintained, very clean, cheerful, up-to-date decor, fully equipped with appliances, cooking and housekeeping items. The beach motif is pleasant and it is obvious they are continually enhancing what started as an old building, making it convenient and modern. We were also able to work well because of their high quality wi fi connection. We've already booked the unit for next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula R

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Pros: The apartments are clean and roomy with a television in each bedroom and in the main living area. Spacious dining area and breakfast bar. It's a five minute walk to the beach (longer if carrying beach chairs). Kelsey in the office is very helpful and friendly. There are nice personal touches in the rooms on arrival - coffee, tea, microwave popcorn, candy canes (we arrived X-mas eve) etc. Kitchens are well-equipped with full-size appliances.

Cons: It can be noisy - this is an old building and sound passes easily through the windows so you can hear every word of your neighbours' conversation on their balcony. Also, although updated, this is an old building and that should inform your expectations. A couple of the slats on the venetian blinds in the guest bedroom were missing so we had to improvise with a blanket to obtain the appropriate degree of privacy. Finally, avoid the temptation to use the Rival electric juicer in your suite which gave off a rather unpleasant smelling smoke when we tried it.

Room Tip: We stayed in 529 Beach Road which is the upper level of the duplex. The Beach House's website pi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank HermesToronto
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The ringling beach house met all of our expectations. The history and quaintness of the beach house made it the perfect choice for our stay. The rooms were clean, updated, and fully equipped. No worries...what more could you ask for from a home away from home. The most beautiful beach...definitely lived up to its name. Thanks so much to the staff for making our trip a special one. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrew j
Reviewed 10 December 2011

LOVED Ringling Beach House! Not sure of the Ringling Family history but do know Ringling Circus family is synonymous with Sarasota. Loved the spotless and spacious apartments steps from beach Access #9 and only a short walk to the Siesta Village. (Be sure to try Lelu’s Coffee Lounge and the Sun Garden Cafe, two of our favorite village discoveries.) Although ample parking with two nice pools, there seemed to be less than a dozen units, so I doubt it ever feels crowded. Also loved that all of the apartments have separate entrances apart from one another. It felt like our own little private Beach Cottage.

We rented one of the large two bedroom units. It was spotlessly clean and decorated tastefully in a Florida beach motif. It seemed very new, even though the property is obviously a historic building. Everything is set back enough so that you don't hear any traffic. The staff was extremely courtesy and helpful, providing great dining recommendations. However we never did find the time to use their Gym as there were so many close by distractions.

A little about the beach. Siesta Key Beach was just awarded The Best Beach in America, and deservedly so. It is wonderful. Also a fantastic spot for romantic Sunsets and Wine. What we especially liked about this location was that you not only had immediate access to the amazing beach but also was close enough to the quaint little Siesta Key Village for all of your dining and entertainment. For us a Perfect combination.

Like millions of others we Love Siesta Key Beach, love Siesta Key Village and have found the perfect spot to enjoy both, not only again next year but hopefully for many more years to come.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank le_explorateur
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed at Ringling guest house just after Thanksgiving. I stayed in the Seal Room. It was a lovely room. It was roomy and well appointed. It is really nice to stay in such a clean, fresh, cheerful lodging in a great location. The staff is outstanding. They go out of their way to be accommodating.

I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it. You will enjoy the facility and the staff will make you feel like family.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Uncphan
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I really took the time to search out a great place to stay in Siesta Key, and based on the previous reviews, it seemed like the perfect place at the perfect price. I really thought hard about putting my review on here, as I know thousands of people are on this site, but I felt I wanted readers to know it all, just like I did.

First off, the place looks just like their website pictures portrayed. It was a very nice place. Small, private and very inviting. We loved everything about this place including its location! My first night, I felt great knowing we had booked the best place, but the very next morning I woke up, my skin was itching me like somthing had bitten me the night before. I thought nothing of it until the second morning it had gotten worst and spread even more on my body. When I got out in the family room to sit down, I happened to look on my feet and saw lots of tiny, black insects on my feet. When I looked closely, they were fleas!!! I told the front office that there were fleas in the unit and she INSISTED they were 'sand fleas'. I'm sorry, but I grew up in the Caribbean (that has lots of 'no see ums') and currently live in Florida to experience lots of insect bites and these were NOT 'sand fleas'!! These were animal (cat, dog) fleas!! You can swat and kill 'sand fleas' (as she calls them), but these critters were very hard to kill, just like animal fleas! Maybe someone that was in the unit before us sneaked a pet inside and the fleas infested the place. However, she called the Orkin guy to spray the unit (for 'sand fleas') and he came out shortly after the same day. Did that solve the problem? Nope. The fleas were still in the unit and at that point, I had already paid for the room, so I couldn't have gone somewhere else. I never heard from anyone from the front office again to even find out if I was okay or if the spaying worked. I was VERY dissappointed in the customer service, as previous vacationers had mentioned the owner Hope was excellent at customer service. In her defense, I never met her and probably because she was on vacation (I stayed the week of Thanksgiving). Who knows. I understand that things happen and they did what they could at the time, but because they never followed up, they would have known the problem was never taken care of. So I can't give all 5 stars because it was a VERY bad problem, that could have been fixed if owners had looked into the situation more and did a follow up. Saying that, I won't stay again and take that chance of getting bit by fleas again. Something that small made a very big impression!

In addition, they were roaches in the unit. Huge roaches! Again, I am from the Caribbean and am used to seeing these size (whole thumb size) roaches, so they didn't scare us, but if you're not use to that beware, LOL. They advise you to take out your trash daily, which we did and we didn't have any open food either, but we still saw them in the kitchen and in the bathroom.

I am not a person to complain about small things nor be petty about hotels, nevertheless, put my opinions on the internet much, but felt this review needed to be made. Hope it was helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank luvtravlinround
sksuites, Manager at The Ringling Beach House - A Siesta Key Suites Property, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

This reviewer did stay with us over Thanksgiving...and for six days. I would like to address each point of her review.
She stated that on the first and second mornings she noted "flea" bites. She notified the front office and we immediately called Orkin. Orkin was on-site with in two hours and treated the unit (for any and all types of insects) immediately. The Orkin professional verified that the insects were sand fleas. This came as no surprise as they had wet sandy towels, shoes and bathing suites throughout the unit and on the furniture. (please note all of our units are treated one to two times a month by Orkin).
The reviewer also stated that no one followed up with her after the Orkin treatment. This is not true as both Kelsey and Jordan talked with her and her husband on at least five different occasions throughout the remaining four days of their stay. Jordan inquired as to whether their problem had been resolved and they verified that it had. They were "having a great time and everything is great."
The reviewer also stated that roaches were in the unit and that they did not have any trash or open food in their unit. When I personally stopped by to check on them on Friday, no one was present. Their unit however, was a disaster. Food, trash and wet sandy towels were everywhere. Obviously, I was frustrated at this because the unit had been newly renovated. It did however explain how insects were drawn to her unit.
When the guests checked out it took over 4 hours to clean their unit.
I am always in constant contact with my staff when I am not on-site and was aware of their issue the moment it occurred. My staff is amazing and goes above and beyond to exceed the expectations of every guest. I truly wish that the reviewer would have mentioned something to us during the remaining 4 days of their stay if they were continuing to have issues. I am available 24/7 for all of our guest so even a phone call to let me know would have been helpful so we could have resolved it.
Orkin retreated the unit at my insistence after their check out even though there was no evidence of pests. I guess it's possible that any guest can bring in fleas or other pests on their clothes or person and it's certainly possible that this is the case with this reviewer. We have not had an issue like this before or since their stay.
The office was open on Thanksgiving day to be sure that we were available to meet the needs of our guests. In addition, my cell phone number was readily available to her and even posted multiple times in her unit - as it is for all of our guests. We even left our cell phone numbers on the note we posted on her door when we stopped by to check on her on Thanksgiving day. Not once did I receive a call, text or email from this guest. I would have been able to address their issue or help them in any way as I have with other guests. This is clearly evident in other reviews. We pride ourselves on customer service but can only address the issues we know about.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

So to agree with my sister-friend, Rosita R. We three had an AWESOME TIME. The staff was so very helpful and friendly. Great Customer Service. The suite that we stayed in was so nice and clean. They had everything that we needed in our suite. We just had to bring our clothes and food. We look forward to 2012. When we can return to beautiful Sarasota and Siesta Key. Most all to the The Ringling Beach House. Again, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends