“They only got a one because I couldn't pick zero”

Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Fl
“They only got a one because I couldn't pick zero”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My family went for a long weekend and we were in for an overpriced and dirty surprise. Upon entering the room smelled like an old dirty motel room. They said it was renovated but all the furniture was stained and gross but the floor was the worst. My baby was covered in filth after crawling around for 30 seconds...we had to keep her on the pack and play while inside. When I complain the the night staff he used the f word....asked me if I knew where I was ...insinuating I should be happy I was able to stay in siesta key. He then bowed up at my husband and started shaking...I really though he was going to hit us. He then threatened to demagnetized our keys. His name was Scott but he lied to my husband and said it was matt(I had been the office previously when he answered hello my name is scott). I felt very scared sleeping there...I almost called police. I felt he was unstable. My mother in law had to sleep on the pullout couch and there were actual springs coming through. I have stayed in sk before but at the tropical breeze resort which is wonderful but all booked up.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Sarah F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have to tell you I was concerned, based upon recent reviews, what we would find at the Siesta Beach Resort & Suites. We enjoyed our stay, were comfortable in our room and will definitely return. We stayed in an efficiency so it had a king size bed, little refrigerator, microwave and toaster. No oven or stove but I knew that when I booked the room (so no cooking -- darn!!!). Bed was comfy, pillows OK (plenty to choose from), shower OK but not great. Easy check-in and pleasant staff in the office. They made a point of giving us three keys, suggesting we put the third one in our car since they can get messed up by cell phones and credit cards and that way we'd have a backup. Good thinking and we appreciated it.

We have been to Siesta Key several times but usually stayed farther south. This location is excellent, given its proximity to restaurants and nightlife. Interestingly, it sits right behind a place with live music outside but noise wasn't a problem. The walk to the beach is a little ways -- farther than when we stayed on Sara Sea Circle -- but the beach itself was less crowded, too.

We lucked out that the Siesta Fiesta arts and crafts show was scheduled for when we were there. Artisans and craftspeople filled several blocks of the main street.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Room was dirty an right next to a loud bar. When we went to the front desk to complain, the guy behind the counter confronted my wife and threatened to deactivate our room key. Absolutely horrendous hotel. Would not stay here again even if someone paid me. Don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gatordutch1

Travellers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

naples, florida
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed in Siesta Key for one night and thought the room was okay for sleeping. The bed is hard as mentioned in previous reviews, sheets are thin, there was mold on the curtain from the a/c unit blowing on it. I may have had an updated bathroom (room 112) as the tile was decent but tan so you could not tell if it was dirty. I never had my shoes off when walking so don't know if there was sand on the floor as previous mentioned. I was in the units across from the lobby which is nice as you can park your car in front of your unit. I walked to the beach for sunset and back to the room for a cocktail and then back out to dinner. In the morning the Siesta Fiesta was taking place so very nice to have right outside your hotel room. I would stay again for one night if the rate was good but there are other places to consider in the village as well.. The girl at the counter said room 110 was better and updated.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2012

False advertisement! Roaches! BEWARE! Pay an extra $15 and stay somewhere where you don't have to worry about getting staff infection!!

• Stayed April 2012

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AAGG68
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is great if all you need is a place to sleep. Location is excellent. One block from the beach. Very close to all the Siesta Key bars and restaurants. Live music is everywhere.

A buddy and I stayed in this hotel so we could have easy access to Ed Smith Stadium (20 minutes by car) for Orioles Spring Training and be at the beach at the same time. It was a great hotel for my buddy and me, but I wouldn't bring my girlfriend here. While the location is good, the rooms are not in very good condition. Peeling paint, cracked tile, old bedding, some water damage in the restrooms. Despite the physical problems, the room was clean, serviced daily, stocked with fresh towels and free of pests.

The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is also very popular. The weekend we were there it was sold out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3.5 km away
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
4.0 km away
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!