“I've Tried it Again! Much Better!”
Review of China Sea Buffet - CLOSED

China Sea Buffet
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Description: New owner, new management, great food.
Description: New owner, new management, great food.
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I didn't think I would ever be returning to this buffet again! The buffet was still offering AYCE Snow Crab to it's food line on Friday and Saturday nights. I had to wait about 10 minutes for my first attack on the crabs. That has gotten much better than the last time. That was the only time I waited. All in all, this visit was a definite improvement over the last. My only concern was how difficult it was to get the meat out of the Crab legs. I'm usually an expert at this but these must have been overcooked which would cause the meat to stick to the shell. I liked putting all the meat on one plate, then easily eat it with no fuss.

triptse, Public Relations Manager at China Sea Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Hi.
Thanks for sharing your experience this time, I will let manager check out and improve it, because we want to still continue to do better, your like is our power. We hope to see you again, thank you.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

This place was wonderful , had the best cod fish and everything was so yummy. There was a lot to choose from . Very pleasant atmosphere and very clean. Staff was super friendly.

triptse, Guest Relations Manager at China Sea Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Hi.
Thanks for loving our place and food, we look forward to seeing you again, have a nice trip.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

OK, I have to reveal my dislike of buffet formats to start with. I am also not a fan of Asian food in general. But I temper my quirky tastes with the comments from my wife and the other four members of our party who don't have my issues and who used to enjoy this venue in days gone by. SO . . . with that disclaimer, the food at the China Sea is not well prepared. I had fruit and salad which was both average or below. Fruit was hard, as if out of season. Lettuce was just average with a lack of available items, so trying to have a great large Ceaser salad was not possible. I asked the other five member of our party what there rating was and I got "two thumbs down", "below average", and other similar comments. All, including me said they would not return. The Sunday price is $12. Drinks were extra. Also, a number of the staff does not speak English. My wife has an allergy to shrimp. She asked the waiter if the food was cooked with the shrimp but he could not understand, nor converse with her about the preparation. Plus this is a tired establishment that needs a serious facelift.
Staff was only moderately attentive but friendly and worked to satisfy our requests.

triptse, Guest Relations Manager at China Sea Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Hi.
Thanks for loving our place this time and leaving your experience, because we provide over 200 items daily, included crab legs, oyster, clam, crafish and more, it is worth of your money, we hope to see you again, it should be a wonderful experience next time, have a nice day.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Supposedly under new owner, management, the food is still not good. LoMein is just spaghetti , big difference, foods are warm, not hot, marginal at best.

1  Thank Chefblog

Hi.
Thanks for choosing our place this time and leaving your feedback, lots of customers said us great food, great service under new management. Anyway, we will continue to do better for your suggestion, we hope to see you again, you will have a good experience next time. Thank you.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

Me and my boyfriend was out of town so we decided to go to a all you can restaurant so we choose this nasty restaurant. The food was cold and tasted like it been sitting out for hours! The Crablegs kept running out cause they would bring out 10 crablegs. People were standing around the bar waiting for crablegs to come out. Well who ever was in the front got all the crablegs so we had to wait another 25 min. We couldn't enjoy our meal cause we had to keep a watch on the crablegs. Why have a all you can restaurant when you going to bring out 10 crablegs. People were fussing over the crablegs cause they couldn't get any. The plates were dirty. Told the manager about the situation she wasn't any help. Bad smell inside the restaurant. I would recommend nobody to this crappy place.

triptse, Public Relations Manager at China Sea Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Hi.
Thanks for your feedback, we will let manager check it out. If really so, we must improve it, but we still hope to see you again, maybe you will have a good experience next time. Thank you, have a nice trip.