“In a word...AWESOME!”

Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve authentic homemade Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai and Korean dishes. We only use quality, fresh ingredients in all our food. All of our dishes are made to order and no request is too small or large. You can taste the difference for yourself!
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

After my previous favorite Chinese restaurant went downhill (see my other reviews) I went in search of a new source for great Chinese food. Daytona Beach seems to have very few good Chinese restaurants but then I stumbled across Leanh's on Trip Advisor.
First, the girls at the reception desk couldn't be nicer! They are high school or college girls with the nicest personalities! Kudos to whoever is doing the hiring!
First, one note: DON'T go by the menu listed here on Trip Advisor; it only shows their Vietnamese food. They have a vast menu offering Chinese, Thai, Korean AND Vietnamese! They also have a large selection of vegetarian offerings. Follow the link to their website to see their entire menu.
Back to the girls at the desk. I ordered takeout and this is where I encountered my only complaint. I looked over the paper takeout menu and decided to start with egg drop soup. She asked pint or quart. I said whichever is the $2.95 one. She replied that's only if you're eating there otherwise you have to order a pint or quart. "Hmmm", I said, "so this isn't really a takeout menu?" So I said I'd skip it feeling a little peeved. I also ordered fried wontons and the General Tao's chicken combo. She said the combo comes with an egg roll and soup. LOL I got my Egg Drop soup after all & boy am I glad I did! It was far and away the BEST Egg Drop soup I've had in years! The combo platter also comes with broccoli & a choice of white or pork fried rice...2 big scoops as I found out when I opened the Styrofoam container. Whatever happened to those neat cardboard boxes with the little metal handles Chinese takeout used to come in? I miss those! I'm sure Styrofoam is cheaper, though they're filling up our landfills for generations to come.
Another note on ordering. If you've read my other reviews you know I don't do spicy & generally speaking General Tao's chicken is a spicy dish as noted on most menus with the little red pepper icons. The nice girl said their General Tao's chicken is very sweet so if I order it mild it'll be spicier. Huh? OK LOL.
I also received crispy noodles with my entree or soup. Many places charge extra for those; a nice touch. Oh, and while they have takeout packets of Chinese mustard I was offered their own homemade mustard. Even though I don't do spicy I do like a tiny dab on each bite of egg roll.
Well anyway I sat down to wait the 10-15 minutes they estimated for preparation. Then I got another nice surprise...I was asked if I'd like anything to drink while I was waiting. Since they'd already run my cc I knew it was gratis so figured she was offering water. She said, 'we have Coke products, sweet tea & unsweetened & hot tea!" Nice touch guys!
I will say some of their prices are MUCH higher than I'm used to paying at other Chinese restaurants. Krab Rangoons for $8.25 seems high but they note they are hand-made so hopefully are much better than the frozen variety you get at other places. They also have a salt & pepper calamari appetizer for $13.95 & shrimp $15.95. Again a little pricey although in all cases they fail to mention how many pieces you get for that price. Also on the appetizer menu are: Lettuce Wrapa: Shrimp $14.95 / Chicken $12.95. They have many dishes throughout their menus that I've rarely seen elsewhere.
So...the food!
I've already told you about their great egg drop soup so on to the appetizer. The fried wontons, TEN of them for $5.25 were home-made I'm sure, HOWEVER they had the smallest amount of wonton mystery meat I've EVER seen. They were nice & crispy but lacking any substance. Their menu also offers House Fried Wontons which are 'stuffed' with chicken. For $8.25 I hope there's really something inside.
The menu says the egg rolls are hand-made but, while they had a little pork in them, had ABSOLUTELY no flavor what-so-ever! A little seasoning would go a long way. Sad.
Their pork fried rice, on the other hand, was flavorful with nice chunks of pork & a nice amount of egg.
So all that's left is the General's chicken. The girl was right...it's SWEET! So much so it over-powers everything else! The chicken was breaded and cooked nicely but the sickenly sweet sauce ruined it for me. Still, the positives far outweigh the negatives and I see the potential to find some really good dishes here.
With 20 Chinese appetizers (with variations like chicken or shrimp), 6 soups, 12 beef dishes, 8 pork, 22 poultry (20 chicken & 2 duck), 15 seafood, 20 variations of Lo Mein, Chow Mein, rice & egg foo young and 15 vegetarian dishes I'd better find some gems. AND that doesn't include 23 lunch specials, 14 Korean, 21 Vietnamese and 30 Thai offerings. WHEW!
As they say in TV, but wait there's more! There are 12 Chinese combination dinners which include 1 egg roll, choice of soup & pork fried rice! AND, if you act before midnight, there are 15 higher priced entrees under the label, "Nancy's Suggestions". Apparently Nancy has money to spend. Curiously, though the less expensive Combo Dinners come with pork fried rice (or brown rice), but if you want it here Nancy's going to charge you an additional $1.75. Kind of chincy if you ask me.
BOTTOM LINE: I'LL BE BACK!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant approximately 4 years ago in Daytona Beach and absolutely loved it. We were in Daytona Beach on April 21, 2017 and made a point to eat dinner there again. Again, this is by far the best Chinese food we have ever eaten. We were told 4 years ago that every thing on the menu is made whole made and every dish is made to order. The portion sizes are huge and well worth the price. If you like Chinese food and ever in Daytona Beach, you have to try Leanh's. First picture is sweet and sour chicken, second picture is pork lo mein and third is general tso chicken. We each had the combination dinners which included fried rice, soup and an egg roll. Also, they bring you these awesome crunchy noodles to dip in a duck sauce as an appetizer.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Fast, friendly service, and entree portions were huge. Unfortunately, the appetizers----including the Spring and Summer rolls as well as the teriyaki beef---were dry, and chewy. Overall, we were disappointed with the quality.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Service was good, Chinese appetizers and entrees were very good but Thai dishes were lacking. We sent back the larb because it tasted much different than the dish normally does and it lacked fish sauce. The Pad Woon Sen was better but still lacked fish sauce and was much sweeter than ideal. Ordering Thai at a Chinese restaurant was a poor decision. Stick with the Chinese food and you'll be very happy.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Could review Aa table. Everyone one was friendly and service was great. Great help in choosing an item to eat. All friends enjoyed what they ordered and all will come back!