All reviewsdat barscallopscan't wait to go backtwo queen bedsold floridano frillsnext yearnext morningfishcabingrillmarinaboatfuelofficegulf
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We went up for a day of scalloping and Spent one night in a basic room, the room was immaculate, beds comfortable and the location was secure. Boat rental, marina and small store are all on site so everything is very convenient. As is the who dat bar and grille so once you get there you have no real need to leave unless you want to. The boat we rented was reasonably priced, clean and well maintained. If your going there to scallop and don't want to clean them yourself there is someone there that will do it for a nominal fee, As a first time scalloper i elected to clean t hem myself needless to say the next time I go I will be paying to have my scallops cleaned.

Overall nice place, hotel prices may seem a little high for what you get but they are typical for the area,

I will be back for scalloping next year and will stay here again and rent from the marina again

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kam2013
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I stayed here with a family of 5. We only slept here and didn't spend a lot of time there but the beds were comfortable. It was clean. And a week after our visit they sent us a post card so I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cheshirefriend
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We rented a fishing boat from the marina. What a fantastic experience! Everything we needed was right on the boat and ready to go when we got there. They rent very nice boats and you can't beat the price. Everyone there was extremely friendly and accommodating. They even have the best fuel prices in the area so when you return the boat, they fill it up right there. I can't wait to go back and when I do, I will be renting another boat from Good Times Marina.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Frank G
Reviewed November 30, 2016

We arrived on Sunday 10/9 mid afternoon. Walked into the office/tackle shop/souvenir shop/beer store.....met the owners immediately, Martin and his lovely wife. They were still in major restoration mode from the hurricane only 6 weeks prior. They wisely, had started on the least damaged rooms first. The rooms on the back side, further from the river, were the rooms they had restored. They were almost complete with some of the side rooms. Room was as advertised, 2 queens w a tv and bathroom w shower. All we were looking for..very clean and definitely reminded me of staying along the coast years ago for fishing trips. Dropped luggage in the room, and took a ride around the fishing town to get a little familiar w the area. Came back and went to onsite bar/restaurant, Who Dat for drinks and tasty seafood bites. On Sunday. over half of the local establishments are closed, no problem w Who Dat, they close on Mondays ! The next morning the locals directed us to a lil diner, in a gas station/convenience store, about 2 miles down the road for breakfast. Walked in, and there sat the owners of the motel ! Awesome food and prices...highly recommend Casey's Cove. After that, we loaded the kayaks (owners let us use them !!) on the truck and Martin had 1 of his excellent staff from the property ride with us to the launching point, then drove my truck back. Awesome service !! The 4-5 hours on the river were awesome....beautiful old style Florida for the first 2/3's..then widens as it gets nearer the bay. I only had 2 lures, but was able to coax plenty of bites...had a 4-5 Lb bass right up to the side of the kayak, before he shook his head and broke off as I was lifting him into the yak. No net, dangit ! We unloaded the kayaks at the motel and sat out back w the owner and several employees and had a couple coldies w them. Later that afternoon we went over to Hungry Howies (yea, the pizza place) and had an amazing app as well as 2 for 1 bottle beers....Yes Sir !! What a view from the deck and the price was almost unbelievable. Ask for Matt !! We wanted to do Kathi's Krabs, but they close on Mondays. Ended up at Fiddler's...not crowded. Sit at the bar and had good cold beer and an awesome seafood platter. We were very pleased and will go back. ALL IN ALL A GREAT TIME with only 1 complaint: I wish we had done 3 nights rather than 2... WE WILL BE BACK for sure. Thank you GOOD TIMES for a great time. Tom & Shari....

Room Tip: river view if available or a lil cottage (also river view)
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed October 27, 2016

This was a great place to stay. Exactly what we needed for our short fishing trip! It is easy to recommend. If you are looking for a resort kind of stay...go south to Sanibel Island and find a vacation resort. If you want to fish this is for you.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple