All reviews wxyz bar bliss products rooms are modern monroe street sink area walk in shower civic center nice pool late check bed was comfortable business trip hip noise lobby fsu pet campus
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

A nice change from the old style Courtyards and the tired Duval. Has a good vibe starting with the open inviting lobby with a bar that was designed to imbibe, not a design afterthought. Rooms are functional with decent workspace and nice, firm mattresses. Centrally located with plenty of parking. Welcome to Marriott.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Located in downtown Tallahassee...great location. Plenty of parking at $8 per day. Dog friendly Hotel. Nice pool and outdoor area. Very modern. Café, bar. Room was comfortable. Only complaint is that the A/C unit was very loud and actually woke me up every time it turned on overnight.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Room was great (forgot to take pics!). Large king size bed, walk in shower, nice vanity area and complimentary water.

But the best part was check-in. Very easy. Really easy! And they are fostering a little 3y/o dog. Absolutely great and she lets you know she's there. Everyone I spoke to on staff was very friendly. Always happy to help (even when I forgot my hotel key in the room). Best incentive to get the keyless SPG app on my iPhone!

Hotel is in the heart of downtown. A short Uber ride to FSU, or a pleasant walk when it is not 90+ degrees. Great suggestions for restaurants, including Metro Deli.

Room downside: Not alot of places to hang clothes. The bed - was the absolute best! I thought about snagging the pillows, but I didn't have room in the luggage.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with the flags out front-loud during storm. A pool view would be awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This was our first stay at an Aloft hotel and I will beck again when visiting my daughter at FSU. The lobby is so inviting, the rooms have a very comfy bed, the pool was warm and always very clean, and the xyz bar was a great place for drinks in the evening. Chela the bartender always had a smile and a good drink for us! We had trouble with a company sending our car down to Florida from Indiana.and needed to stay an extra night. Brooke at the front desk went out of her way to get us the best price to stay an extra night. They are so accommodating with dogs. They really treat them like family there. It is hard to travel with dogs, but it’s a breeze at the Aloft!. Katie the manager went above and beyond to make our stay special! She helped us get through a very stressful day with saying goodbye to our daughter to dealing with the car situation! She is a just a kind person with a warm heart! Kendrick always had a smile and a friendly hello whenever we saw him. At 2 am when our car finally arrived and it was time to say goodbye to the aloft, Austin was the last friendly face we saw. Honestly, everyone at the aloft must love their job because I didn’t come across a single employee that wasn’t happy! They will get our business wherever we travel!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Tripadvisor
First impressions:
Ultra modern interior design and lighting. I'm humming the theme song from "The Jetsons" as I walk through the lobby.
Very nice, efficient, polite check-in experience.
Monroe Street is a very busy street, and even on the 5th floor, noisy on a Sunday night.

Room:
"I'm back in Stockholm" I think to myself. Modern light wood veneers, sleek grey walls, big flatscreen TV dominating the wall over the bed. Sliding opaque glass door to the bath. Interesting. Ultramodern.
The small refrigerator is broken. The FAN and the LIGHT work, but, there is no cool air in that refrigerator, even at the highest setting. And this is a very new hotel; EVERYTHING should work. -1 point.
2 visible electric outlets in the room, but, at least you can FIND them (unlike the invisible actually nonexistent outlets in most Hamptons).
Hard floor. I'd put carpet pad under the carpeting, myself. -1 point.
Subdued offest colored lighting; nice touch.
1 lamp in the room.
Small but functional work desk area.

Initial Summary:
1) Convenient to downtown Tallahassee
2) At least its New (Tally has mostly rather, ah, "dated" hotels that are so much the worse for wear)
3) I will plan to update this with impressions tomorrow, my 2nd day here.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing Monroe Street.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 57Horses
Brandon M, Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear 57Horses,

We thank you for taking time to evaluate your stay, and we apologize for the problems you experienced with your refrigerator. We appreciate your patience as we work to correct this issue. We hope the rest of your stay continues to go well and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant, please let us know.