“Dirty, low quality, bad location, awful overall!!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Dirty, low quality, bad location, awful overall!!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Where do I start?! We wanted a moderately priced room for one night. This place had mixed reviews and never again will I let the good out weigh the bad. It was awful!!!!! Ok on the surface and it was late and we were exhausted but overall awful. Dirty gross carpets (my socks were black) run down rooms (a 1/2 inch gap in our door!), a good ten minutes off of I-75 (after bing told it was 4 miles). Front desk was young, rude and careless. Breakfast was completely lacking in anything advertised, the only 'hot' food was bacon. Nothing else..so bacon and Cereal for breakfast?!? My daughter, mom and I all have bites and I'd be willing to guess its bed bugs. Absolutely nasty. Don't stay here!! I wasn't impressed with any hotel in tallahasee I looked up. If you can press to lake city and stay at the brand new comfort suites which was a 1000x's better than this!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank smilindazy30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jacksonville
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here while at our kids' student orientation for FSU. It is less than 2 miles from campus so location was super convenient. The hotel was clean and beds comfortable and it seemed to be in a safe location. Decent restaurants close by (Olive Garden across the street). Free breakfast was fine (not Cracker Barrel but it was free)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MiloTeddy
Arcadia, FL
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This Comfort Suite was a real bargain. Very nice front desk, the rooms were very clean and functional and the breakfast was not outstanding, but good. Next time through Tallahassee I will probably stay here - and yes - I would go out of my way to do it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jchilds
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The establishment seem to be clean. The staff was ok. The only problem I had was the next morning when I woke up I had bite marks all over my legs. I didn't think much of it until I went to the doctor and was told that it had to come from bed bugs. I call the hotel to talk to the manager and he tried to convince me that I was wrong and that he would investigate it then call me back that day. Well, im still waiting for that call back! I have stayed at a Comfort Inn hotels before and never experience these problems. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Wonderwoman05
comfortsuites-tal, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Thank you for your feedback. As we discussed on the telephone, we take all guest concerns very seriously, therefore, we went through various verification (including professional) before we came to a response. I want to reiterate the situation; after you check out on Sunday, we had another guest stay in the same room that Sunday night. They left Monday morning without mentioning anything and have not reported about any bites.

On Monday, I received your call and listened to your concern. I explained to you that I will look into this matter and call you back. After your call, we contacted the pest control company for a thorough review of the room and the bed. WE RECEIVED A "NO BUGS / BED BUGS" REPORT. Also, no complaints were reported from other guest from the same room after your stay.

Our other concern is that you mentioned in this review that you had bite marks when you woke up on Sunday, but decided not to inform us right away or at the time of check out. But decided to wait until after you went home. Usually, guest would come down right away and complain about the issues. I'm sorry that you did not present your situation directly to us when you were at the hotel, but waited to reported it much later.

I do want to thank you for your feedback about the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff.
Orlando
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Second stay at this hotel, this time for daughters orientation at FSU. This hotel will be first choice for future stays for my family visits. It has everything thing I need, is clean and is value priced. Very convenient location. Have two future stays booked.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2011

The last time we stayed here was about a year and a half ago and we can see the toll time takes. Nothing really awful but just not as "polished" as it was before. The shower rod in our room (221) was lose and tilted so that the curtain slid open during your shower. Also remember these are really extra large hotel rooms - not a true suite, but overall a great value for the $$$$$.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FSUMomDad
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We went up on Feb 17-19 to check out Florida State. We had no problems finding the hotel and had a super quick check in. We had a nice clean double queen room with a sofa in it. Even though the hotel was near full,it was very quite with ample parking. It also has free breakfast and internet which is always nice. The location is just outside of downtown Tally and there are a ton of restaurants near by.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family