New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Bada Bean
Ranked #1 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corpus Christi
“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

A local friend recommended the Bada Bean for breakfast, and it did not dissappoint. It is a casual, friendly place with daily specials and a good selection of breads, pastries, and coffees. Service was great and everyone was friendly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Jupiter, FL
“Love the coffee bar, breakfast was outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I visit Tallahasee often for family and seek out new dining. This was my first time at Bada Bean but we will be back. In a small strip mall on a busy highway, it is easy to miss or choose not to try it. Believe me, it is worth the turn across traffic and the small parking area. If you are a coffee lover, their coffee bar self-serve variety lifts you up right from the start. We tried the homemade corned beef hash with toast tips and hollandaise sauce and it was excellent. Very small staff but friendly and efficient. Met the owner and told her what a great time we had, even for a rushed breakfast. She cares about her eatery and wants it to succeed, so is likely to improve even this great revue in the future.

1 Thank ppatti
Gainesville, Florida
“Neat find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Delightful out of the way place. Lots of regulars, tight seating but great atmosphere. Decent prices, great coffee. We had the Veggie/Cheese/Meat Casserole on Sunday morning, excellent.

Sarasota, Florida
“Nice breakfast spot for the young professionals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Brealfast and lunch menu is huge. Staff is friendly and attentive. Food is tasty and portions are generous. Coffee is self service so you have to get your own every time. Loved the to-go cups for the coffee to take some with us as we left. Did not like the really high top tables that fill the length of the restaurant. Some outside tables are also available.

Central California
“Kind workers but not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The reviews on this site were so good I was looking forward to this as I had to drive to Tallahasse for an event. The entry door window was all smudged up when I came in that morning but I thought a place rated this high has probably been BUSY. Well I'm not so sure. 2 other tables taken when I got there at 10 am. But anyway, on to the food.
Looking forward to trying their cinnamon roll french toast as that is a novelty for me. It came with the extra egg batter all run off the sides. Cooked yes. But that's how my husband makes french toast and it always turns my stomach. I also ordered an egg dish with cheese but they forgot the cheese so I couldn't eat that. Sweet waitress said that was her fault so owner took that off the bill and reduced bill by 10%.
Hate to write an unfavorable review but that was my experience when I went out of my way to find the place.

• Visited February 2012