“Tricky find”

Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Plant City, Florida
“Tricky find”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The Hotel is up to the standards that I have set in selecting where I stay when I am on the road. It is advisable that it is very easy to miss this location because it is between a taco Bell and a Wal Mart. Truthfully if you use the entrance road to the Wal Mart and use the service road to the hotel it is much easier to navagate

The Hotel provides breakfast in the morning,For me a cup of coffee and a roll is all that I need until I am fully functioning. Most important the room is clean, and the service was what I expected

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Romnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed overnight while traveling with my elderly mom. Just what was expected from a Fairfield. Consistency. No surprises. Nothing superlative. Nice free breakfast. Right next door to a Walmart Super Store which allowed us to pickup a few items we needed.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank ChuckyB123
Cynette S, Owner at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As General Manager, my duty is to ensure every guest is completely satisfied, and if given the opportunity, would come back and stay with us.
United States
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Since I was specifically looking for a hotel with a hot breakfast, I had a feeling when I read the review complaining about the lack of breakfast that I should have listened, but I thought the rest of the reviews were good enough to take a chance on this hotel that was convenient to my destination.
The room was very clean, although the carpets were a bit damp because they had been recently shampooed. I was fine with that because at least I know the hotel is being maintained. We had to be moved from the first room we were given because it smelled of smoke. Again, not necessarily the hotel's fault. Some guests are just jerks. But the bed linens didn't look fresh. Second room was much better.
The indoor pool and jacuzzi were a gift. I don't normally care for indoor pools, but it was raining and we were able to soak sore muscles in comfort. Yay! Towels were missing at the pool, but that was remedied immediately by the front desk. Overall, the staff was very friendly.
HOWEVER...I booked this hotel after quite a bit of research because I had a child attending an all-day sports camp at FSU and needed to make sure she got a hot breakfast before she went. I was told breakfast was served from 7-10, so we went down at around 9. There was nothing available except the usual continental breakfast fare. When I questioned the hotel crew, I was informed that they'd had two sports teams show up "unexpectedly" and the kids had cleaned them out of food and broken the waffle iron. Breakage, I understand, but the excuse that "we didn't expect to be this busy" I don't. I don't believe you have enough empty rooms to accommodate two sports teams that haven't made reservations ahead of time and even if you do, you have a backup plan to cope with the unexpected. The dining room was full and no one was eating anything but bagels, yogurt and cereal. There's no grocery store in Tallahassee???? I wound up going down the street to the IHOP and spending almost another $40 for breakfast, which I could have saved on the room if I'd booked a hotel that didn't advertise breakfast...which is exactly what I'll do next time.

Room Tip: Ask to be moved if the room isn't up to par and forget breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank littleyacht
Thank you for your feedback. I am using your experience as a training reminder for our staff to ensure we are more diligent when ordering supplies for the hotel especially when we have a large group in house. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. It is never pleasant to hear about inadequate service, but feedback from valued guests such as yourself enables us to ensure the quality of our service delivery. Your patronage and good will are very important to us.
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This was a good hotel for an overnight stop. Close to the interstate--the hotel shares a quirky entrance with taco bell. We arrived after 11pm and the night host had to buzz us in. Then when we got to our room we noticed the door had security plates that would prevent the door from being pried open. It makes one wonder why the threat level seems to be so high. Anyway the room was very clean, beds comfortable, and the shower was very good, if a bit low for me--I'm not too tall, 6-1. Odd numbered rooms are away from taco bell. There is a Wal mart nearby. We were up and out early--the breakfast was standard: muffins, waffles, cereal, bagels. All in all a good overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Steve328is
Columbia,MD
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I usually stay at Marriott properties but was a little worried when I saw it was ranked in the middle of Tallahassee hotels. I was happy to see it is on par with other Fairfield Inns that I've stayed at before.
It is located only about 0.5 miles from I-10. It shares a strange entrance with a Taco Bell but there were no issues finding it. It is also a 5 minute walk to the Wal-Mart next door if you forget any items.
There is a fitness room although it only has 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical machine and nothing else. It does have a window that overlooks the indoor pool and hot tub.
Free continental breakfast plus a waffle maker are included.
Each room also has free wireless internet. The lobby has 1 computer and printer if you don't want to bring your own.
The only negative was the price - there was a football game for FSU so they jacked up the rate.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ttlarry
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We were traveling from Huntsville, AL, to Clearwater, FL, and needed a place to stop and spend the night on the way down. We took the exit for US-27 and were almost overwhelmed at the number of hotels to choose from on this exit. We decided to stay at the Fairfield because it has a pretty decent reputation for price and quality. I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap the rates were and how nice the rooms were. The corridors are interior, which is a preference of mine. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, the bathrooms were clean, and the breakfast was delicious. We had no problems here. Customer service was fantastic all around.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jessic2952
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I felt uneasy when I walked in and it didn't get any better. We were booked for 2 nites, but we only stayed one. This Fairfield Inn didn't seem to be aging well. It was very noisy. The walls were "thin" and we had to call the front desk to get the folks upstairs to calm down. People seemed to be running in the halls until the wee hours. At breakfast guests seemed to have been told varying times that serving would end. We even observed a verbal altercation between management employees during breakfast about when to stop serving.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple