Ugh, after a long day of driving we arrived at this Fairfield. The only highlight was the man behind the counter. He was such a nice guy. I forgot his name, but want to say Dewayne. So nice. Luckily we were only passing through.
But, the room was horrible. No fridge as promised when we reserved. I'm a marriott club member with over 150K points, so I'm used to Marriotts. Forget the fridge...the smell was horrible! They must have used a gallon of chemicals to clean the room. We were so freakin' tired from driving hours that we put our own sheets on the bed and passed out. The beds were lumpy and so not comfortable and low enough for an infant to climb up in them.
I don't know what's up with this place, but Marriott better get on the management to update the rooms, adhere to the correct room request and lay off the chemicals (at least don't give the room to people for at least a 2 day period after using that much).
I awoke hacking up a lung. I know I should have switched rooms, but you know when you're just done for the day and too tired to haggle or even talk about what was wrong with the room? Where would I have started? The smell, the wrong type of room, the horrible beds, the mold in the tub, the faucet that never fully turned off, the sink that took forever to drain, or the dirty/disgusting sheets and rug???
NEVER AGAIN WILL I STOP OVERNIGHT IN THIS PLACE. I think my car would have been better. But, like I said, the man at the desk was really nice and I'm sure he would have given me another room, but I don't think that would have been much better. This place needs a facelift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I stayed in a gorgeous, huge suite in New Orleans for only $40 more a night compared to this hole! That's insane!!! The Hotel Monteleone executive suite rocked for $169 a night! This was pure hell compared and this was $129. wth?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tallahassee Fairfield Inn is located at exit 199 on I-10, near downtown Tallahassee, Florida State Univeristy, Florida A&M and state government offices of Tallahassee. When traveling through Florida between Jacksonville, I-75, Pensacola and other sites of the Gulf Coast, the Fairfield Inn Tallahassee is a perfect hotel for a stay over as you cross the panhandle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Tallahassee North / i-10 Hotel Tallahassee
- Fairfield Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Fairfield Inn