All reviews room was clean rooms are small would definitely stay here again staff was friendly mirror microwave interstate school
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Upon my arrival on 8/17/18, I found mold in my room all over the room chair(I have pics), it was removed and replaced, I was told the hotel was booked(no way of changing rooms)and without an apology/ the room was not extremely clean, it was as if the staff brushed over the room(changing the sheets and toilet paper only) to look as if if was ready/ the bed decor had multiple cigarette holes in them, I was in shock to say the least-

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 61jimmieh
Mike P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thanks for taking time and give feedback , your feedback is most valuable to us. We will work hard to fix the issue that you experienced. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The Decor was nice, however was overlooked because of how bad the smell of the room and the damp bed sheets. The room smelled like mildew and this is the reason for the not at all satisfied ranking above. Due to the toilet not working in the room I gave a 1 ranking. The overall cleanliness of the bathroom and room was ok. The hotel stay was not ideal. I have stayed and Wyndham's before and I was expecting the same style on cleanliness from this property. Initially the room was a little stuffy but over time the room started to smell like mildew. In speaking with guest services they did not have another room to move us to. However they did come in and added a freshener (this helped only slightly). The bedding in the room was slightly damp (and uncomfortable, I believe this is what was causing the mildew smell) Last but certainly not the least the toilet in the bathroom did not flush properly. By the time this was noticed it was time to check out. Overall this was not a very uncomfortable and smelly stay with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking time and give feedback. Were sorry that you were unhappy. We will work hard to fix the issue that you experienced.Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Hotel is in a good location. Front desk staff were professional and responsive. Breakfast was adequate. Internet was adequate.

The first room we entered reeked of mold/mildew, and my sinuses had an immediate adverse reaction. The clerk gave me keys to two different rooms with an option to choose. One smelled as bad as the first; the second was not as bad, but the carpet was badly worn, there was a stain on the bedsheet, and the desk chair had stains. Wood trim on the desk was unglued. Another call to the front desk brought Housekeeping to change the sheet. I did not notice there were only 3 pillows on the bed until I actually climbed into bed, uninterested in another call to the front desk. Water pressure in sink and shower was just barely adequate.

At this price, I did not expect a 3-star experience. This property did not live up to my low expectations.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking time and give feedback, Your feedback is most valuable to us. We will work hard to fix the issue that you experienced. We are in the process to renovating. We are getting new mattress,new furniture, new carpet and pain. It will be done in next couple of months. Hope to serve you in near future.Thanks.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

This hotel is very dirty. The first room I was given was so putrid that I requested another room which I was given.
The second room was better and did not reek of smoke--- but the halls did ...both on the first floor and the third floor. When you approach to check in ...see the condition of the floor mats and you will instantly regret booking the hotel. As you move further in...it gets worse exponentially.
The refrig in the room was rusted out although it still works.
All this despite the fact that they give a form which installs a penalty for smoking....This is, in fact, a smoking hotel and badly aired out and maintained.

Stayed: August 2018
Mike P, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thank you for taking time and give feedback. Your feedback is most valuable to us. This type feedback that we know which area we need to improve. We are so sorry that you were unhappy. We will work hard fix the issue that you experienced. Thanks for staying at Microtel Inn & Suites.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We booked this place through hotels.com because of a deal online and it was still $111. It was not worth the price. The hotel looked decent from the outside, but the inside is very run down. The carpet looked frayed, the walls were peeling, and the hallways had a strange smell. It was late and this wasn’t the worst hotel we’ve been in so we opted to stay.
However, things got worse when they gave us a smoking room. Apparently nothing else was available. It was already very late and we had to get up early the next day so we opted to tough it out.
When we got to the room, it was less than desirable. The mini fridge was covered in rust. The phone had a stain on it. The room, of course smelled like cigarettes. The bathroom was decent with some wear&tears, but not all the towels were completely clean. The beds were nicely made but the sheets had some marks/stains on them.
I slept in my clothes, with a mask on face (to block the smell), and I dare not step on the carpet or the shower with my bare feet. At least there weren’t any bugs (from what I could see).
In hindsight, I would have asked for a full-refund for not having a smoke-free room. And I would never book a Microtel Inn ever again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for taking time and give feedback. I am sorry to hear that room weren't up to the standard that you expect from us. We are working hard fix the issue you experienced. We are in the process to renovate the whole motel. We will be getting new mattresses, new furniture, new microwave and fridge, new carpet,and also new paint outside and inside. It will take us couple of months. I apologize for that. Hope to serve you in near future.Thanks.