Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central
Average 3/5
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolthe breakfast areatallahassee centralevery morningyogurtcapital circleapalachee parkwayroom was spotlessnext morningbeds were very comfortablefree breakfastnice staygreat customer servicei highly recommend this hotelwould stay here againthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed on Feb. 24th and had a pleasant stay. Hotel has just recently opened and the carpet in the hallways and rooms still looks and smells like new. Bedding and linens are clean and crisp but the bath linens were small as in most/all Fairfield's.
Staff was friendly. Breakfast area was clean and well serviced and food was better than average.
Parking area was well lit and felt safe.
Just a note: If arriving from the north on 319, after turning right onto Apalachee Drive, you will need to make a U-turn to arrive at the main entrance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PointAfter
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Because of the nature of my better-half's employment, she often travels to our state capital for a week at a time. I often will tag along and wander the sites of Tallahassee, so I've become very familiar with the area. We've stayed at several properties in several different locations over the years. When we traveled back up for a friend's wedding this weekend we were going to stay at one of our routine places. Then we saw the recently opened Fairfield Inn on Apalachee and figured we would take a chance.

The first reason was because of the location. It is right on Apalachee next to Capital Circle. There are lots of convenient shopping and quick dining options in the vicinity, with a CVS (and an ABC Liquor for those so inclined) just steps away. It's only a minute or so to Governor's Square Mall and perhaps 5 minutes from the hustle of downtown. Walmart and Target are a mere few seconds in either direction. And it's a straight shot to I-10.

The second reason we chose it was the price. For 2 nights after tax we paid $170, which was quite reasonable for a room with very comfortable a king bed, large flatscreen TV, iPod dock, microwave, fridge, plenty of space for unpacking and storing clothes, all the conveniences you would expect, and a roomy bathroom. If you're looking for a resort this isn't going to suit you. But if you're looking for a pleasant space to unwind and sleep, this is ideal. Also, the morning continental breakfast was full of choices. We've stayed at larger chains that had much less to offer. Here there options for just about every diet. The dining area was comfortable and clean. And the lobby area was spacious and welcoming, a very nice area to work or lounge in. Also, there was an onsite small gym (free weights, treadmills, etc.) and an indoor pool. Yes, indoor. Very nice. Parking is convenient.

The third reason we stayed here was because we read it was new. There is something about a new facility that just makes the stay all that more special. Everything was tip top and fantastic, and even so the cleaning crew and hotel staff were on top of everything and very attentive. I have to say that the staff was one of the friendliest I've met in the area. Tallahassee is a really friendly place, great people and a great town, but they were above and beyond here.

Negatives...hmmmm, it was hard to come up with any here, and the only thing I can think of is that there was no ATM onsite. However, McDonald's is a short walk away with an ATM in the lobby, and there are banks and credit unions just a few doors down in all directions. And if your main visit involves FSU or FAMU areas, this may be a little far for you, but Tallahassee isn't a huge area so I'm just being picky.

Fairfield Inn & Suites really makes me look forward to our next visit to Tallahassee. It was everything we could have hoped it to be and we were very happy with our stay. Plus, the 3:00p check in/12:00p check out was just icing on the cake.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. We were on the top (4th) floor and never saw another guest. They spaced out rooms intelligently to maximize quietness.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nafa
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I had made a reservation at Hotel Duval on Monroe St., since I wanted to take advantage of the fact that there was a relatively snazzy hotel (or hotels, if you include Aloft) in a city the size of Tallahassee. But then I saw the Fairfield Inn reviews, and I was swayed by the fact that it's brand new, and that the price was a good 20-40 percent less than the other places.

Overall, I was pleased and have no criticisms. I can't say I was wow'ed -- it was a standard hotel room, albeit with a freshness that comes from having opened just a few months ago. It's conveniently located near restaurants, big-box stores and the mall. The capitol complex is a less-than-ten-minute drive. There's nothing too distinctive about it, but it's a very good option.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank George_PConnecticut
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is a very nice, clean, and new hotel. Hotel staff was very courteous and professional. A group of us stayed there for a business trip and all of us were satisfied. We got a two bedroom suite, which had a sofa sleeper in the separate sitting area along with two flat screen televisions. It was very roomy and we liked the idea of having our own bed. I am very particular about where I lay my head at and searched for a while to find the right fit. The hotel lobby, lounge, and restrooms were clean, which is always a plus. Also, it did not have a stinky smell in the lobby. When we got to our room we were so pleased to find that it was clean like we had hoped. We probably didn't need to inspect the room any further; however, we did. We inspected our beds to ensure that our linen, pillows, and pillow cases were not soiled or dirty, which they were not. Of course, I bought Lysol and sprayed the room, door knobs, linen, etc., but the room was clean. We brought bathroom cleaner just in case, it was needed; however, it was clean too. The carpet floor had lines on it, which told us that it had been vacuumed. Both the refrigerator and microwave were clean. The free wi-fi and complementary breakfast was also a plus. Also, there were plenty of outlets throughout the room, so each of us had our laptops and cell phones plugged up. Overall, I was very pleased and will be returning next year around the same time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank melpie25
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Just opened so everything's nice and new except the same customer service you would expect from a Marriott property. That just never gets old. Great location if your plans include a visit to the Capital or you want to be near the Mall, Kohl's or Target.

• Stayed: January 2012