“Excellent Service from the Front Office Manager”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent Service from the Front Office Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I would like to express my appreciation for the excellent and friendly service provided to me last evening May 7 at the hotel by Michael J. Borrello, Front Office Manager.

However, the carpet in the hallway on the 5th floor does need to be replaced.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce127

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I spent the weekend in Tallahassee for the "Fallen Officers Memorial" at the Capital. It is an annual trek for me. It is by far one of the best managed Hotels in the area. Walking distance to the Capital, downtown attractions and many great restaurants. The Staff are very helpful and always friendly. they have the best cookies when you check in. They are very generous with them any time, really. I'm allergic to chocolate, but it is worth the reaction, Coconut Chocolate Chip and Starbucks. It doesn't get any better. If you are visiting Tallahassee and you have small children, check out the Children's Museum, walking distance. It is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela M
Indianola, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

It is amazing how friendly everybody is in the Florida panhandle, and the folks at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee were some of the friendliest! Every one of staff that I encountered during a week-long stay was very pleasant, welcoming, friendly and helpful. They made me love Tallahassee even more. Will definitely come back to stay here again. And the cookies, oh the cookies...the best ever.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Ive stayed at the Doubletree several times a year over the past five years always with a Priceline bid. I've always appreciated its great location. Although service was always friendly, Jacob's restaurant breakfast had previously been of poor quality and housekeeping had been sluggish. Last spring (2011) for example, our room didn't get cleaned until 5:00 pm. Last year I ordered scrambled eggs off the menu and they were awful. The waitress told us they used liquid eggs if you order scrambled eggs. This time cleaners were on our floor before 9:00 am and did a great job. Although we didn't try the breakfast buffet this time we ordered both breakfast and dinner off the menu. The breakfast food
( fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, toast) was tasty, cofffee was good and service excellent. Light dinner of shared Cobb salad and Philly cheese steak was fine. Somehow I got wifi in the room this time although my husband didn't. So I don't know if that was a fluke. We found the beds very comfortable as before. As usual we enjoyed the cookies. All in all, it was a good stay. I wish they'd put a fridge in the room. Also the bathrooms need ventilation. I don't recall this being an issue in the past but this time I really noticed a lack of ventilation and was glad I'd brought an aromatic candle. The carpets still have some terrible stains. I hope there are plans to replace them soon. This is too nice a hotel to lack bathroom ventilation and have dirty carpets. I am glad to see that on other issues hotel management seems to be working in the right direction. This hotel has good bones and a great location with nice views from many rooms. Staff is very friendly and hospitable. As a Priceline customer who comes to Tallahassee at quiet times ( not legislature or football times) should I be so picky? Yes! I come a lot and usually stay at least three nights
several times a year when Doubletree rooms might otherwise be empty. I know how to avoid bidding for this hotel. But as long as it keeps improving, I'll keep trying.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Angie C
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Clean room, very comfortable bed, attentive staff, delicious warm cookies on arrival. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant after check out on Sunday morning and the food was very good. The wait staff was extremely pleasant. We are relocating to Tallahassee soon and we are trying out several hotels while in the process of going back and forth, and we will definately recommend the Doulbletree to our visiting friends and family.

Room Tip: We are Hilton Honors members, so we automatically were booked on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while my partner attended a conference at FSU. Had just flown in from Europe so my perceptions may have been influenced by that, but we found the rooms to be big and clean and the reception and breakfast staff to be very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was not the greatest in the world but we could have ordered a la carte if we'd wanted to. Nice views from the room. Comfortable beds and a lovely chair and footrest in the room too. Bathroom was a bit on the small side but still better than many in parts of Europe. Plenty of restaurants in the surrounding streets if you are willing to walk more than a block. No shops though - again, maybe it's the European experience but I found this odd.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I always stay here when in Tallahassee, this was my third time. It is a great location, staff is friendly and they have super comfortable beds!! I am returning again next month.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business