“"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE"”

Ranked #79 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE"”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

There are several hotels in the area but we choose this one ...I & my family stayed here last year and the stay was nice, but the HORRIBLE stay we had this year July 1-3 was TERRIFYING.. Please do not stay here on the weekend. They have security here on the weekend for a reason. Customer service rep TASHA was very nasty & not helpful at all Sunday morning we packed up our car to leave FL and later find out that the CATALYTIC CONVERTER was stolen off our car while parked on the property. So if you don't won't your car vandelized please choose anywhere but here!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sneaky34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Marrero, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This Springhill Suites doesn't disappoint! Large clean room with a sitting area, fantastic breakfast selection whether you want a cold or hot meal. Plenty of room in the breakfast area. When we arrived on Tuesday evening we were told a manager's reception was going on in the breakfast area. Beer, wine, pizza, nuts and chips were available to the guests at no cost. We were told this was offered every Tuesday and Wednesday evening. Quite a nice surprise after a long day of travel. The hotel was located right off of I-75. It was a good value at $99 a night and I would stay here again. If you are a fan of HSN shopping, they have an outlet store about 8 blocks from the hotel, which I did some shopping at after breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank luvtravel99
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Motel was very clean and staff very friendly.Hot breakfast starting every morning at 6:00am. Managers reception every Tuesday and Wednesday with free food,beer,wine and non alcoholic beverages. All around great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Georgiaboy1234
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed here with my daughter's soccer team and their families in February 2011 and then again this past weekend. Both stays were great. The team had two early games and had to have breakfast at 6 am, but the hotel doesn't serve theirs until 7 am. We asked if they could have some juice available and the toaster turned on so we could bring in our own food. We were shocked when we came down that the entire breakfast was served and ready!!! Coffee brewed, waffle batter mixed, eggs and sausages prepared. Kudos!

The rooms are very well kept and housekeeping (although late in the day) does a good job. Blankets, extra towels and toiletries are readily available at the front desk.

Our team brought in food and we used their eating facility which is spacious. They were quick to offer assistance getting us plates and utensils.

The refrigerator in the room is the small kind, no freezer. Small microwave. One TV between beds and living room area. AC worked great!

We have been here twice this year and if we come back to the area we will definitely want to come back.

Laundry room facility onsite, no business center (but they have a laptop in the common area you can use), conference room was medium sized.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Travel4Soccer11
Byron, Georgia
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Me and my family enjoyed this hotel. The breakfast was great, the room was excellent, we had no complaints at all. Everything was clean and my family really enjoyed Tampa, FL. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MsT2011
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel is very well located close to the interestate which provided me good access to the places I need to go to. The room was very clean and spacious and although is the older type o SpringHill Suites it has been very well kept. That staff was very friendly and accomodating and we were given a late c/o which really helped me since I was traveling on Business with my girlfriend and she need to wait in the room, while I attended a meeting. Overall I feel the hotel is very good and it met my expectations. I will probably return if I come back to the Tampa/Brandon area

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Farmington Hills
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I can't say enough about how wonderful the people are at this hotel from the checkin desk to the maids to the manager - nothing you asked was too much trouble for them. Everything is spotless and the breakfast area and selections are great. I did not find the beds hard as some have said - they were very comfortable. BUT - whatever moron designer did the handicap rooms I hope someday he ends up in a wheelchair or mobility scooter and has to try and get around the handicapped room.
First off the bathroom is not rollin and there way no way I can climb over a foot high bathtub. Second the bathroom only has the toilet and bathtub with the sink in a separate cubbyhole at the back of the room, To make matters worse there is not enough room between the beds and wall for a wheelchair or scooter to get to the bathroom unless you can walk. Then when you come out the door opens over the entrance to the sink area and space is VERY tight to try and come out turn around close the door and then get into the way too small sink area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family