“Perfect Location For Downtown Business Meetings.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #54 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect Location For Downtown Business Meetings.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been a fan of Sheraton's for years and it's usually my first choice. I don't often have overnight business in Tampa, but did this month. The location is VERY easy to find from the airport and my worry of downtown parking was instantly eliminated with their free valet and overnight parkign for guests.

The room was spotless as I would expect for a Sheraton and furnished patio over looking the river was a perfect touch.

It's a perfect location for doing business downtown as during my stay, I never used my car and walked to every meeting that I had.

Hotel bar is cozy, decent wine selection and overall made for a nice way to end my evenings.

I've now got business trips to Tampa once a month and the Sheraton will be my home while there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
MetroDC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

i stayed at this hotel for a conference in March. i was staying at a reduced rate so not surprised to be put in a room facing the street but it was VERY loud. i was in room 220 which was across from the ice machine (again loud) and every morning between 3-4 there were loud beeping noises outside the window. also loud noises from cars starting up at the stop light outside the hotel at all hours.

the bathroom tub didn't drain well... asked 4 times for someone to fix it and it was never fixed. terrible.

one day my room wasn't cleaned (i got back to the room at 6 pm) and had to ask for it to be cleaned (this happened to 3 other people that i knew staying at the same hotel).

the pool was cloudy (not a good sign) the first day but looked better after that.

the internet was spotty.

overall not a good hotel. stay somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: avoid street side and rooms near the ice machine (upper teens to low twenties).
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was coming into Tampa, FL for a Skatathon (yes Roller Skating) for the adult crowd, and this 'was' the host hotel. So I booked early.
The event organizer said there were discounts for the hotel if you book by a certain day. Me being the budget minded individual I am, if you say discount, I say when! So I go to the Sheraton main web site to reserve my room with the discount code. The discount code did not work at the main web site, so I aggressively call the local Sheraton #, and this wonderful front desk clerk helps me get the discounted room rate. Yippee!

The hotel is centrally located. The room I had overlooked the river. Made sense the hotel is called the Riverwalk hotel, and there is indeed a riverwalk, which I walked.

The staff is oh so friendly, in a kind of southern way. I'm from the north where I guess we're not as friendly, and don't expect that down to earth, 'How yall doing' type of friendliness, but it was nice.

The hotel rooms are clean if not well worn and used. I did have a problem with using those slider key-cards. It didn't work for 2 days, and finally the desk staff had to come up and help me and even they were having problems. To ease my frustration they offered me a breakfast voucher.

That's Service, That's Sheraton!

When I arrived home from my trip I got one of those, I think they are automated, emails asking you how your trip was, well I did reply with a few comments, not expecting a reply, but I actually got a reply from the General manager of the hotel area telling me how sorry they were. That was nice. I responded with my problems in a more expanded fashion, and guess what? I got a free night stay. 1 free day out of 5 is not bad. I'll take it, didn't I say I like discounts.

That's Service, That's Sheraton!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Somerville, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was very pleased with my stay here. I had a riverview room with a balcony. With the floor to ceiling glass door and window, it made for a very nice view. My room was kept very clean and I slept well in the comfortable bed. I also liked that the room was pitch black at night when I drew the curtain shut. There was no minibar or safe in the room, but I didn't require either so these were no problem for me. My in-room temerature control allowed me to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. I didn't avail myself of the outdoor pool overlooking the river, but it was quite popular while I was there. I ate at the restaurant on 2 nights and was very pleased with the food. Kudos to my waiter Joe for the pleasant, quality service. I saw 4 desktop pc's free for guest use and on the one occasion when I couldn't get to one, a staff at the front desk was there to assist me with locating some venues that I was looking for. Finally, I also want to commend Gary for handling the busy valet parking and guest arrival/departure situation with an upbeat/professional demeanor.
I was in Tampa for an event at the Saint Pete Times Forum and I was able to walk there (and the Channelside area) in 15 minutes. Another plus!
Finally, I'll mention that I've become a more discerning traveler over the years and rarely give a 5 rating unleass I'm blown away. That being said, I'd happily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tampa.

Room Tip: I liked the ambience of a riverview room and will request it again when I go back.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
OK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Once you are out of the lobby, the interiors are old and worn: stained carpet, dirty walls, cracked upholstery, and every piece of furniture in my room was chipped and scratched. Avoid having breakfast in the hotel restaurant if you can: I didn't get the buffet as I wanted only a bowl of oatmeal, which meant that I waited an hour and then watched an employee ladle a bowl of oatmeal out of the buffet. My companion noted that the buffet had neither pancakes or waffles, which he expected given the price. Housekeeping comes late in the day but seems thorough.
Location of the hotel is great, and the staff is friendly. Parking is valet only.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reisterstown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. The rooms however had several signs of the age of the hotel, eg, worn carpeting, stained sheets, outdated fixtures. I was very disappointed in the housekeeping. It was apparent that our room had not been dusted prior to and during our stay.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Hello sherridew! We would like to take this time to thank you for submitting a review based on your last stay. It's unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy your room baseed on some issues you encountered. Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping to look into and make corrective actions as necessary. On a brighter note, it's great to hear that the staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

A very nice, clean, well appointed hotel with shuttle service to and from the Port of Tampa plus reasonable parking. We arrived a day before our cruise departed from the Port of Tampa and wanted a nice hotel which was close to the port and which offered an option for parking while we were away. This hotel totally fit the bill, plus they offered shuttle service to and from the port.

The reservation staff, the valet staff, the reception associates and the restaurant staff were tops: all friendly and courteous. Meals at the hotel were very good as well. We will definitely stay here again the next time we go on a cruise from Tampa.

I searched on several different websites including TripAdvisor to find out the price range of hotels and all things considered, this was an OUTSTANDING value. I also called the reservation number and the associate there was one of the most helpful online associates I have experienced.

Room Tip: We took the balcony option and the room had a great view overlooking the river.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Hello frenchy32034! It was very refreshing to read your review and share it with our team. We are glad that every aspect of your stay was amazing from the reservations process to the check in to your actual stay in your room. We truly hope your experience on the cruise was just as great and we definately hope to see you again on your next Tampa Pre-Cruise Stay!