I stayed with my girlfriend here late night when we decided to get a room after she picked me up from the Airport. The girl at the front desk was very very nice. I called ahead to see if my girlfriend could check in for me prior to my arrival (I asked because I had the government rate, and they typically need to see ID before they charge for the GOVN'T rate). They said it was fine. Once we arrived I waited at the desk to show her my military ID, and she was on the phone and just told me to go ahead and that she trusted me. I felt good about that.
We then proceeded to the room, and its not a bad hotel at all dont get me wrong. The place just doesn't own itself if that makes sense - like when you go to a Marriot or elsewhere, you feel "this is Marriot". Here, its just like someone put a bunch of stuff in a room including a bed. (which is all pretty nice, just seems a bit empty. This place could be enhanced. Nice bathrooms though. They have a bar downstairs called "Mohito's" and it was a nice bar, we both enjoyed it. Bartenders were good too, one with long dark hair could have had more enthusiasm. Bit of a downer. All in all, nice stay, and would recommend it, its a great location in Westshore. Now, they had a compimentary breakfast in the morning. This breakfast was excellent, and they had everything fresh! Nice n hot, and good coffee. That was definitely a plus to wake up to in the morning without a doubt. Well done with Breakfast!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tampa's newest premier hotel. The new Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers a uniqueness all its own that can perhaps be best described as modern and fresh but elegantly posh. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore offers its guest complimentary shuttle service to and from Tampa Airport. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore is located less than 2 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and in the heart of the thriving Westshore business district. Our hotel is only a short walk from the Westshore Plaza Mall, offering the finest in shopping, dining and entertainment. Additionally, we are just minutes from the University of Tampa, Tampa General and the University of South Florida. While visiting the Crowne Plaza Hotel Tampa Westshore, you will find that our location is convenient to many attractions such as Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Raymond James Stadium, George M Steinbrenner Field, Tropicana Field, Florida Aquarium, St. Pete Times Forum and the Port of Tampa located at Channelside.Local businesses include Bank of America, Humana, MacDill Air Force Base, Verizon, Wachovia, General Electric, Met Life and Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore Florida