Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
SailportSuites.com
US$120
US$109
US$81
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$159
US$429
US$254
Marriott Hotels
1,003 results
All reviewscabana suitemojito barfront deskclose to the airportbusiness tripwithin milesbreakfast buffetminute drivemile radiushotel shuttleshuttle serviceinternational plazastayed one nightnice poolupon checkgreat customer serviceparking lot
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza from 4/26 through 4/30 in and I must say that our stay was incredibly pleasant. From the moment we walked in the lobby we felt the friendly welcoming. One person in particular who stood out was Charles (front desk). We traveled to Tampa in celebration of my husband’s birthday and he gave us two complementary breakfasts for the morning of his birthday. Upon check out as we were running late he was kind enough to print our boarding passes. Talk about excellent customer service! Thank you Charles!!!
The rooms were not very big but they were spacious enough. The décor was lovely and very contemporary. The beds were comfy with lots of pillows. The view was not the best; however, our room had two very large windows with lots of lighting. The location of this hotel is great with quick access to major highways. We were minutes away from two shopping malls (Westshore and International Plaza) and many dining facilities. We traveled to Clearwater Beach and it was about a thirty-five minute drive from the hotel. We also traveled to St. Pete Beach and that was about a twenty five minute drive. Their pool and cabana area is really nice for relaxation and lounging. You can have food and drinks brought out to you or you may bring your own. The one thing I loved about this hotel is the addition of the Mojito Lounge. It is a lovely place with great service and ambiance. They have great happy hour specials too! I had several meals there and I was not disappointed. On Saturday nights this place turns into a Latin party with a live band and DJ. Many classy locals come to this place to dance the night away. It was lots of fun! All in all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HLNelson
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Wow! We are so happy to hear you had a fantastic Birthday weekend with your husband. I am pleased to know that one of our team members went above and beyond to make your stay with us perfect.

Our hotel is in close proximity to many attractions and the Tampa International Airport. We are happy to offer a complimentary shuttle to our guests within a 3 mile radius as well.

We recently added live music on Saturday nights in our Mojito Restaurant and Lounge to bring exciting night life into the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The price was great - $96 on a Friday night with a AAA discount. You can't beat that! The location was also great - just off I-275 on the Tampa side, across the road from Westshore Plaza and not far from International Plaza where there are some good restaurants.

The lobby was clean and nice. The check-in was really slow. I got there early at 2pm and was 3rd in line with only one person at the desk. Eventually another rep came and they were nice to let me check in early.

The room was nice but you could tell it was remodeled because they missed some things (badly scratched top of table, the shower doors were too long for rail). But the decor was nice and my room had a partial view of the bay. The beds were firm but comfy. The pillows a little too soft.

There is a bar at the hotel called Mojito. Go for happy hour - $5 select mixed drinks and tapas. The food was really good surprisingly because it's more bar than restaurant. Try the hummus! The service left a lot to be desired though. One of the female bartenders openly poo-poo'd a tip left for her after the customer left. The kicker was that she gave a beer to someone to take to their room and the customer let her keep the 65 cents in change. All the bartender did was hand over a beer. Even if the customer had sat there for hours, it was unprofessional to do in front of other customers.

I was also a little disappointed that their shuttle doesn't go to the St. Pete Times Forum. They said it was too far (it's 5 miles from the hotel). Overall though the stay was nice and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank GK95
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us. On a high note, while I am glad you would stay with us again, I sincerely apologize your overall experience fell flat.

We have spoken with our team members about the level of service we expect to be delivered to our guests and can assure we are taking the appropriate measures to go above and beyond.

We wish our shuttle could provide transportation to downtown; however in order to accommodate large amounts of airport transportation in a timely manner, we have to limit our complimentary shuttle to a 3-mile radius.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Tampa Crowne has really hit the mark, by adding the Mojito Lounge.. The staff made our night. Bartenders were awesome.. Went in to the hotel bar just to have a drink and wait on a cab. We never left to say the least...Great drinks and a attractive bar staff.. Missty really helped in planning our next days activties and added to a great night. I cant say enough how great it was to have a bar of this caliber in the hotel..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank brooks h

Wow! Thank you for the review and recognizing one of our employees. I am pleased you enjoyed Mojito and made it your entertainment for the evening. We hope you visit again as we have many specials and events coming up.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

My stay at the hotel was great. A convenient location, restaurants, stores and mall. The hotel is very clean, and the bed is comfortable. Most of the staff were nice until my boyfriend and I, we met Charles (front desk). I had a question regarding my flight at 4:30 p.m. and check out at 11:00 a.m. Since I didn't have anything else to do for 4hrs, as we approached the front desk, the guy didn't smile, he had this disgusting look on his face as if he wanted to hurt somebody. Working at a front desk in a hotel, staff should have a welcoming and smiling face at all time. If it weren't for this guy, our stay would have been better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vuedeja
CPTW5303, Director of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I wish to offer my most sincere apologies for not WOWing you during your stay. I can assure you Charles meant no disrespect to you and your boyfirend as he is one of our Award-Winning team members.

We hope you will not lose faith in us and give us another shot at redemption.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Latasha and Jeffrey were very professional.They made my stay feel better than home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Allyce A
CPTW5303, DIrector of Rooms at Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Guest Serice Agents. I am pleased your stay was excellent and we look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Best Regards,