Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
Ranked #48 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We have stayed at several Country Inn and Suites (Grand Rapids, MI, Marquette, MI, Tampa, FL etc. Always superior in every way, and reasonably priced. We called and made reservations and notified them that we'd be arriving late and had to leave at 4am to the airport. They made sure we had muffins and coffee made at 4am! They were curteous and helpful in local directions, and very accommodating! Our rooms were clean and beds were great, shower/bath extremely clean! Thank you once again for the supurb hospitality! Kathy and Cosimo Simonetta

Room Tip: We are smokers and they had a very nice smoking area with chairs provided. Didn't feel like an...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
GMTampa33634, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear kathyjalberts,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and
accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We enjoyed having you here, and hope that you will come and stay again next time traveling through!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
GMTampa33634, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I stayed with this hotel brand before in another state and it was wonderful. This branch was not even worth an adjective. The customer service was terrible upon my check in. I didnt even speak to anyone on the front desk for an entire week prior my check in! That should have been a sign to cancel the reservation.
Arriving into town I knew the hotel shuttle will not be there waiting as I was told two weeks prior (seeing that the few days upon my arrival the telephone was never answered). So I called once again expecting no answer; guess what someone answer (only after four days of not doing so). Requested a shuttle to pick me up to be told I will have a ten to twenty minute wait! I not only called weeks in advance of my late arrival, I also emailed this hotel and no results. I ended up catching a taxi to the hotel to be told I should have called to say I was doing so and now they have to pay the shuttle driver (why I was told that is beyond me).
Thereafter, check in was in utter silence; the room not only old and musty, the air conditioning unit was not working. I was livid! I just was highly disappointed and have not even settled in yet. How can I at this point!
The next few days there is only one person who actually made the stay at this place bareable Kalel. Each and eveytime I saw him he was courteous and greeted with a smile each and eveytime. Thank you Kalel! It's truly small acts like that guests are looking for and can make a world of difference on however their day may be going.
The poor customer service, minimal breakfast options, and terrible commnication skills from this hotel is something I do not tolerate especially looking from the outside
I will not stay at this hotel chain ever again. Lost a loyal customer.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
GMTampa33634, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Michelle M,

I'm sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. In regards to the front desk staff member I will address your concerns and make sure this behavior doesn't happen. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I had to call for the shuttle to arrive, spoke to desk clerk and she says the shuttle will be there in about 10 minutes and please call and let us know that you were picked up safely !!! Who does that ??? Very impressed.
I arrived about 10 Am and they were getting my room ready as quick as possible.
Room was clean and comfortable, near the airport, pool area was good and clean.
Very accommodating. Will definitely stay again.
I cant say enough about your staff while I was there. Thank You

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Steven C,

Your kind compliments mean so much to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We enjoyed having you here, and hope that you will come and stay again next time traveling through!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
GMTampa33634, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Nice room, nice people, great location for the airport. They also served a great breakfast. We will definitely stay here again. There is a WaWa's right across the street for sandwiches and snacks. Reliable shuttle service provided.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GMTampa33634, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear joyfuldog,

We are so glad to hear from you that we were able to give you a pleasant,
comfortable and convenient experience. Great to hear that we were able to meet your expectations of service and hospitality! Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to your next visit.