“The best way to see Tampa!”
Review of City Bike Tampa

City Bike Tampa
Ranked #27 of 87 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: City Bike Tampa is a full service specialty bicycle shop with two locations in Downtown Tampa focused on RENTALS, GUIDED BICYCLING HISTORY TOURS, sales, service, repairs, parts and accessories. As an authorized dealer for Kona, Jamis, Eastern, Civia and KHS Bicycles, City Bike Tampa offers a broad selection of products and services for active cyclists and those looking to explore bicycling as a new part of their active lifestyle.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best way to see Tampa!”
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The staff at city bike was so friendly and helpful- the guy helping us was funny and genuinely interested in us having a good time in Tampa for the first time. He gave us great suggestions on what to see by bike and equipped us with maps to get there. We had an awesome day and left with a sense that Tampa, unlike some other larger cities in Florida, was actually hospitable. I would highly recommend this for a few hours in the afternoon to get really acquainted with the city and see the sights!

Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun way to see Tampa”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

My friend and I rented two beach cruiser bikes and had a blast! Staff very friendly and helpful. You can park in the empty lot behind their shop. If you're new to Tampa, bring a map and plan to bike along Bayshore Blvd, also stop by Univ of Tampa (museum inside) and wander some of the streets by Bayshore, lovely neighborhood. Plan on minimum 2 hrs but probably 3-4 hrs. Highly recommend this bike shop and seeing downtown Tampa by bike!

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Traveler_from_USA_00
“Part of the family”
Reviewed 19 January 2011

My name is Brian and I service both my Jamis bikes here. The service is warm and professional. Knowledgeable staff that love two wheels and are eager to share that with you. These people take you in and make you feel as welcome as if they had personally invited you to their home. When I go I look forward to fun conversation and expert service. Please stop here before going to a larger big box type store. Support local business first. City bike DESERVES a try.

New Bedford, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolutly fabulous service, selection and city!”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Ok so first off Tampa is an awesome totally bike-able city! Me and my boyfriend would of never had such a fabulous vacation if not for city bike. Having never been to Tampa we had no idea that we could have such an intimate, holistic travel experience riding bikes around. We had just planned to go to all the normal tourist spots Like busch gardens and ybor city. But Thanks to city bike employee Kevin we got the good intel on all the "secret" local spots and saved a lot of money on taxis finding out where the bike trails were, even the ones not on the maps. He took a long time explaining to us the local scene, and I'm super thankful! Plus they had the mountain bikes we needed to really rock the streets! I love you city bike!!!

Visited January 2011
Tampa, Florida
“2 Thumbs up for small business service”
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This place is great. I like downtown and bring my parents here to rent bikes when they're in Tampa. The owners are in the store daily, working and helping out customers. They're super friendly folks with good bikes and affordable prices. It's a great place to start a bike trip around tampa, close to Ybor and close to Bayshore.