“Delicious”

Renzo's Gourmet
Ranked #287 of 2,737 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Sterling Ave.
Reviewed February 11, 2018

I first ate here on the recommendation of a friend. Now, I go there regularly. The food is flavorful. I especially enjoy the spinach, empanadas and skirt steak. They have a dulce de leche creme brulee that is to die for.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

There are several Steak options, good sides selection-including tostones! The food was good, they had a nice selection of wine which was surprising.
The service was nice, will definitely go back!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. The food is very good although the service has changed a lot...I saw something horrible, a waiter had a cocktail and the umbrella with the fruit fell to the ground and he thought that nobody had seen it and came back and put the umbrella back in the cocktail, it's the most disgusting thing I've seen especially where many people walk

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Mary Genesis R
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Had a nice lunch here. For $34 you get a parilla Argentina for two which includes several meat cuts, chicken, sausage, pork and two small sides. My favorite was the entraña or skirt steak. You can add for a few extra bucks a morcilla or blood sausage which is tasty. Two items that I didn't see included in this parrilla were tripe and sweet breads, traditionally part of a parrilla. Also different was they added picanha, which is Brazilian cut. They have wine, but if you'd like to bring your own it's a $15 corkage fee. For dessert we enjoyed the strawberry shortcake. It was the perfect size to share and kill that sweets craving without the guilt. Lastly I never really make a note about coffee at a restaurant, after all it's not their specialty. But I must note their espresso is delicious. I don't know what coffee they use but it's so good, not bitter but nice acidity; perfect ending to this very delicious meal.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

After a very long and tiring road trip from Western NY, we decided to go for Argentinian style steak and We found Renzo's Gourmet-never been there before, after an electronic search. We called ahead to check for reservations requirements and were told to just walk in because it was not busy-mid of the afternoon on a week day. From the very beginning, we were greeted with a very warm welcome by the hostess and later by our waiter. Made us feel at home. The place is casual, but nicely decorated and very clean. We order an appetizer-prosciutto with cheese and pecans, fried yucca, and the parrillada for two-simply delicious!. We also asked for a good red semi-dry wine to accompany the meal, and the manager came over with two good selections for us to chose from. We not only enjoyed the great quality of the delicious and savory food, but also the special caring attention from our waiter and the establishment's manager. Pricing was very reasonable.
Next time we visit the area, we are definitely stopping by Renzo's again!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Renzo's Gourmet? Share your experiences!