“Delicious ”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,636 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

One of the most unique places I've eaten. The salad bar alone is amazing. Servers come to you with all the meat you could possibly wish for. The garlic sirloin, bacon wrapped chicken & sausages were exquisite. Everyone was so polite and helpful. The natural selection of cheeses on the salad bar- superb. The best of the best of everything here. The desserts were to die for. Especially the cheesecake and the chocolate cake. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

The food was fantastic. Great meats and a fantastic selection of greens in the salad area. The only thing I did not like is the constant checking on our group to see if everything is ok. We had like 3 different people constantly checking to see if everything was ok. This is great from their perspective, however, when we are trying to have a conversation and someone keeps coming to your table to see how we are doing it was annoying. RICH, was awesome. He made sure we had everything we needed and kept a good pace to the service. The other individuals (manager, and someone else) around checked on us too much.
Everything was AWESOME!!! will come back, however, I will mention to not check on us so much.

1  Thank clacos
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Maybe the problem is with us. We have been to too many Brazilian steakhouses in the planet. In the US this one is far from being the best. As Brazilians, we expect to find all that sometimes we miss when we were there. If this is your case, it is not worth going there, you won't be able to satisfy your cravings for real Brazilian BBQ and the other dishes a (churrascaria) is well known for. For what the offer, it is really expensive, but it looks fancy, like a "fine" dining restaurant, without the ambiance, lighting, quietness. If you don't have a reservation, prepare for a good hour wait, and it is not worth the time. We got there twice because my husband received two gift card from his job. After we used it, we are not going back there.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

If I had stopped at just the “salad” bar, I would have been delighted, but when the gauchos brought skewer after skewer of delectable lamb, filet, sirloin, chicken, sausage and pork, I thought I’d need a wheelbarrow to roll me out. Not sure how they manage to keep all the meats warm and serve you your desired “doneness” but they do and make it look easy. The “salad” area contained lots of cheeses, olives, breads and crackers, soups (lobster bisque), beans and rice, shrimp, salmon, pasta salads and on and on. Our waiter, Alejandro was amazing and brought drinks, sides and made sure everything was flowing smoothly all night. For dessert, he recommended the cheesecake and I must admit, it’s one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted. Very light with a chocolate layer between the crust and the cheesecake. We also had the cheesecake at our table and it was delicious. If you’ve never tried the Brazilian cocktail “caipirinha” you owe it to yourself to try one (or one in every flavor they offer!). Happy hour would be a good time to try several of these!!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

2nd time coming and may be the last...service was not good, waiting about 30 minutes after reservation time again (1st time we did as well but thought it was a fluke) The salad bar was a disaster area... I'm still giving it 3 starts though b/c the meat cuts and selection was good. The people cutting the meat were nice. Be careful if you offer sodas here, no refills and the cost adds up quick. They have no dress code. I prefer Bern's for a nice night out instead. Even Bern's has gotten lax on their dress code but nothing like Texas De Brazil & at minimum of 50 bucks person without tip.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!