“Delicious ”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westshore
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

One of the most unique places I've eaten. The salad bar alone is amazing. Servers come to you with all the meat you could possibly wish for. The garlic sirloin, bacon wrapped chicken & sausages were exquisite. Everyone was so polite and helpful. The natural selection of cheeses on the salad bar- superb. The best of the best of everything here. The desserts were to die for. Especially the cheesecake and the chocolate cake. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The food was fantastic. Great meats and a fantastic selection of greens in the salad area. The only thing I did not like is the constant checking on our group to see if everything is ok. We had like 3 different people constantly checking to see if everything was ok. This is great from their perspective, however, when we are trying to have a conversation and someone keeps coming to your table to see how we are doing it was annoying. RICH, was awesome. He made sure we had everything we needed and kept a good pace to the service. The other individuals (manager, and someone else) around checked on us too much.
Everything was AWESOME!!! will come back, however, I will mention to not check on us so much.

1  Thank clacos
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Maybe the problem is with us. We have been to too many Brazilian steakhouses in the planet. In the US this one is far from being the best. As Brazilians, we expect to find all that sometimes we miss when we were there. If this is your case, it is not worth going there, you won't be able to satisfy your cravings for real Brazilian BBQ and the other dishes a (churrascaria) is well known for. For what the offer, it is really expensive, but it looks fancy, like a "fine" dining restaurant, without the ambiance, lighting, quietness. If you don't have a reservation, prepare for a good hour wait, and it is not worth the time. We got there twice because my husband received two gift card from his job. After we used it, we are not going back there.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

If I had stopped at just the “salad” bar, I would have been delighted, but when the gauchos brought skewer after skewer of delectable lamb, filet, sirloin, chicken, sausage and pork, I thought I’d need a wheelbarrow to roll me out. Not sure how they manage to keep all the meats warm and serve you your desired “doneness” but they do and make it look easy. The “salad” area contained lots of cheeses, olives, breads and crackers, soups (lobster bisque), beans and rice, shrimp, salmon, pasta salads and on and on. Our waiter, Alejandro was amazing and brought drinks, sides and made sure everything was flowing smoothly all night. For dessert, he recommended the cheesecake and I must admit, it’s one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted. Very light with a chocolate layer between the crust and the cheesecake. We also had the cheesecake at our table and it was delicious. If you’ve never tried the Brazilian cocktail “caipirinha” you owe it to yourself to try one (or one in every flavor they offer!). Happy hour would be a good time to try several of these!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

2nd time coming and may be the last...service was not good, waiting about 30 minutes after reservation time again (1st time we did as well but thought it was a fluke) The salad bar was a disaster area... I'm still giving it 3 starts though b/c the meat cuts and selection was good. The people cutting the meat were nice. Be careful if you offer sodas here, no refills and the cost adds up quick. They have no dress code. I prefer Bern's for a nice night out instead. Even Bern's has gotten lax on their dress code but nothing like Texas De Brazil & at minimum of 50 bucks person without tip.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!