“SPICY!”
Review of Chef Thai & Sushi

Chef Thai & Sushi
Ranked #1,512 of 2,432 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Description: (813) 286-8187 , this restaurant is a member or supported by Delta Airlines Skymiles Dining Program.
Reviewed 12 February 2013

we very much enjoyed this llittle restaurant, tucked away in the corner of a plaza off of Dale Mary. The tofu curry was wonderful but dont ask for spicy. I LOVE hot food but the extra spicy at this place made it so hot I could barely eat it:( The spring rolls were fantastic and the service was good I just hate that the waitress had mediocre english speaking capability. I do recommend this place if you are a thai lover as we are. This place was busy with locals the entire evening.

There are newer reviews for Chef Thai & Sushi

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We ordered four dishes, two were bad, fish was dry, the salad we barely touched.
The waitress was rude from beginning to end. She yelled through the restaurant, kitchen. Removed sauces from our table when i wasn t finished eating. I had to tell her to put it back. She served one dish and only gave me a plate and my husband had to wait 5 min for his when she served the second dish.Then at the end she came outside to ask about the tip, we told her we weren t happy with the service, she told us not to back again. Now we know why this place wasnt busy at lunch time. Food and service are not worth your money, please dont visit this place.

1  Thank A C
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I like the ability to order online and just pick it up, this is very good as the owner does not seem to speak english very well nor does his wife/assistant. Their pad thai is good as it their sushi. The last time I went I payed in cast and it took about 5 minutes for them to figure out how much change to give me, I dont know if they are Thai or Laos but I would def recomend this little place.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This establishment is one of the Delta Airlines Skymiles Dining Program, so make sure you have your card registered in order to get your miles posted.

Thing that I like about this restaurant, it's just a matter of click to their website and order what you want online, so just say that you won't be crazy when you come and do all the orders and to wait and wait. And the web will be operate to order food during their business hour otherwise not functional. And you will get 5% off if order online and it will tell you at the end, for how long it will be ready (about 25-30mins). And of course you can check the menu and it explains what and which and how.

It's pretty busy during lunch hours, and they only have one waiter to serve the whole tables, so expecting this waiter is kind a rushed here and there, so it's not really attentive.

They have Thai Food and some variety of sushi.
These are what I order and I love it, the papaya salad, the combo platter, Pineapple fried rice, and sweet sticky rice with mango for dessert. It tastes great and I can say a bit authentic food which is really nice.

For Tampa this place is in great location and it's good for all occasion. And please take a note that this is not a High End Restaurant so please do not expect they lavish you in every minutes nor offered you blanket while dining. Seems all Thai Restaurant around town, they have pretty much same prices, regardless the ambiance.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I took a business associate here for lunch. Between us, we had miso soup, tuna sashimi, the kong roll, and a chicken dish that were all excellent. The service was prompt and the food was served in the right order. The total bill with sodas and tip was under $45

The next time I'm in town, I'll come here for dinner.

Been to Chef Thai & Sushi? Share your experiences!