“Wonderful Food & Wonderful Owner - Great Experience!”

La Terrazza Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Reviewed September 21, 2017

I go to a lot of restaurants, all over the world. The experience we had a La Terrazza last night was outstanding. From the moment we walked into this quaint little place, we were greeted warmly by Andrea, one of the owners and he is also listed on their card as 'Chef'.

While we go to restaurants primarily for great food, service comes in at a very close second. Andrea is such a wonderful soul, and you can tell when talking with him that he, like me, has a true passion for food, ingredients, and how they are prepared. He told me they make just about everything from scratch, sourcing only wild caught shrimp, using the sweet meat from Maine lobsters in their homemade ravioli, and sometimes they go to the market 3 times a day just to get the freshest ingredients. Well, it certainly shows in the food.

The Homemade Lobster Ravioli is outstanding. Fresh, sweet, Maine Lobster meat, in a homemade ravioli that was just al dente enough, and the sauce, some sort of a lobster cream sauce.... to die for. Wanted to put some in a coffee cup and drink it! I had the fresh fish of the day (Snapper) for dinner and had it prepared Piccata style. The fish was cooked perfectly (a pet peave of mine - if you're going to prepare protein, cook it right). This was a simple dish, but executed perfectly. My wife had the Chicken Parmigiana, which was not drowned in sauce, but instead (and her preference), was crisp and light on the outside, with quality mozzarella melted on top, and juicy and tender inside. We both had the homemade Tagliatelle as a side, and again, cooked perfectly al dente with a wonderful a la Vodka sauce.

We can't thank Andrea enough for his wonderful hospitality, and thanks to my fellow T/A members for recommending this place. Go see Andrea - Highly Recommended!

1  Thank Jim C

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful experience! The owner made room for 12 of us!!! We did not have reservations!!!
The food and the service was exceptional!!

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a most wonderful dinner here. I had the linguini w shrimp and scallops in a red sauce. He had salmon picanti. Both dishes were perfectly prepared. We also had the vegetable anti pasta he had the eggplant. The best ever. Way too much food. But that didn't stop us .... can't wait to go back. Service was terrific. Very relaxing atmosphere.

1  Thank maureenbv
Reviewed August 11, 2017

La Terrazza is a small Italian restaurant in the heart of Ybor City in Tampa. It sits on a crowded street and parking especially on the weekends is very difficult. So be prepared with a backup plan. Many of the public lots fill up quickly and unless you have taken a taxi you will be driving around for some time waiting for someone to leave an empty space. However its worth the wait. The fresh pasta is excellent and the menu is classic Italian with many favorites. My group opted for the special which was fresh red snapper surrounded with shrimp, clams, mussels and served with a very light white wine sauce. Just could not be better. Because it is small the noise level was loud but that to me indicates everyone is enjoying the food and the atmosphere. The prices are reasonable and maybe a bargain when you experience the quality of the food. The desserts were excellent and again classic Italian. We had the Tiramisu and the chocolate mousse cake which was just the best. The wine list was a little short but a few good selections can be had. No complaint's except for the parking problem. We went on a Tuesday night and found parking in one of the public lots. However a couple of months ago on a Friday night we could find no parking and had to cancel our reservations. Regardless of the parking it's worth the effort to go here. On weekends make reservations as they fill up quickly.

1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Unexpected. Awesome classic Italian, with the ambiance to boot. Authenticate taste and feel. Make it a stop in Ybor!

Side note: I have Celiac, and they were more than understanding. The server knew exactly what I could eat, and made really good recommendations. Had the smoked salmon app, and a truffle mushroom gluten-free penne which was outstanding.

Been to La Terrazza Restaurant? Share your experiences!