“Great place for breakfast”

Nicki's Omlette & Grill
Ranked #47 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Had a hungry person landing at TPA New Years Day morning, checked Yelp for breakfast places nearby and Nicki's came up: really happy to have found it! Diner vibe with long counter but better with tall chairs with backs, where we sat. Lots of tables and a few booths. Counter service fast and observed tables also received attention quickly: they obviously know the advantage of table turn.
What a menu: 6(?) iterations of eggs Benedict, multiple omelettes, also a build your own omelette, pancakes, eggs in multiple incarnations, and on and on: almost too much selection: and home fries or hash browns or biscuits and gravy or homemade breads or fruit side or on and on.

Had South of the Border omelette with green chilies, jack cheese and a couple veggies(tomato? Onion?) that was cheesy and delicious. Side of corned beef hash representative of Goldilocks portions: not too little, not too much and yummy. Several homemade bread options, I had the raisin bread which turned out to be a dark, dense very yum version. Hash browns with balanced soft middle and crispy outside. Also two thin pan fried pork chops quite delicious. Dense biscuits with very good gravy.

Noticed what appeared to be perfect sunny side up and Benedict eggs being served to others. Servers very active and pleasant. Think it took no more than 10-15 minutes from order to food and the place was busy: more people arriving to fill just emptied spaces.

I wish it was closer to where I live! Will have to suffice when picking up visitors at TPA

2  Thank Margaritaman44

Reviewed December 29, 2017

The breakfast choices are endless. This place has over 10 omelet choices or you can make your own. The staff are great at customer service.This where the locals go for breakfast!

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Nicki's rated highly on the "best breakfast" section so I tried.
Even walking to the front door I could smell the old grease/oil smell.
Servers are friendly here but food is about as basic and tasteless as it comes. Nothing special at all.
Nothing super terrible just not great - no taste - not fresh (or at least doesn't taste it), I finished about half my order.
Definitely don't go out of your way for this place - if you're in the area waiting for a car repair - well then I guess but get ready for decor from the 70s and food that tastes almost (but not quite) that old.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

After a special event in Tampa leaving our hotel a group of us wanted to get breakfast before heading home and I checked out trip advisor for recommendations and this was a great find. There were 8 of us and each us had something different, with my wife having Nicki’s Breakfast, and I had the Country Breakfast. All dishes had lots of food, were delicious and the homemade bread was a special treat. Not a lot of room for large groups as they were very full and we waited for someone to leave to get a table. Parking on site was slim and one of our group had to park down the road. Great breakfast for the value, as all meals were basically under $10. Cheaper than that road side change we all know about and better.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

After a long night of drinking we were going to go to Waffle House to have some breakfast. Lucky for us the wait was 30 minutes. I checked online and saw that Nicki's Omlette & Grill was nearby! I'm glad we went.

It was an old-fashioned diner. The staff were so friendly and nice that we felt at home. Our waitress was so attentive that it felt that she read our minds at times when we needed refills.

The food was very good. I had a fantasic greek omlette and my boyfriend had the salmon and bagel dish. We both loved our plates very much. We both tried the house potatoes that were delish as well!

We will definately visit again next time we are in the Tampa area.