“"Excellent food"”

Pho Kimlong
Ranked #1,283 of 2,706 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went here with family and friends and like the other reviewer says, if you look at the place from the outside ,you wood think its you average " hole in the wall" eat in/cary-out restarant. However,the food and service we experience is like eatting at a 5 star restaurant, we ordered the fish the day before since there was 4 couples we wanted to make sure they had plenty of steam fish. My husband and i ordered the steam fish with black bean sauce , it was like always very good. If your in the mood to try real authentic vietnamese food without spending a fortune, then Pho Kimlong is the place to be.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I went here with local people who had been here before. On the outside, this place looks much like any other "hole-in-the-wall" Asian type eat-in/carry-out restaurant. However, the experience and the food was extraordinary!
We called ahead the day before and ordered a Ginger steamed talapia. (fish) One for every couple. (There were 4 couples) We brought our own wine and beer. And a few plastic wine glasses.
One of our group saw someone eating a type of crepe thing with lettuces and herbs and said we should order that too, so everyone did. I can't pronounce what it was but I loved it! You wrap a piece of the crepe in lettuce, add some different greens and dip it into this little dish of sauce. (Someone said it was fish sauce) It was sooo good! Someone else in our group ordered a noodle dish which they let us try. That was really good too.
After that, our fish arrived. I am not a huge lover of fish, but I am now a convert to the "Ginger steamed Talapia." It is served over rice and you spoon the ginger pieces and sauce over it. Totally awesome.
The exterior may be a 3, but the food here is definitely a 5!

1  Thank lilredhenny

Been to Pho Kimlong? Share your experiences!