New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Mainsail Tampa Extended Stay
Ranked #106 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Saint Augustine, Florida
“VERY NOISY! HAD TO RELOCATE DUE TO NOISE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

First I would like to say that I would be satisfied with this hotel if it was not for the noisy guest. This is a nice place to stay and the rates are reasonable for extended business stay. Clean rooms, ample parking, full kitchen (even though limited cooking utensils and warped pans) secure gated area and quite with exception to my notation below.

However, I am giving this a negative review due to the overly excessive noise from other guest. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything from other guest, top, bottom and sides. Not to mention that we had to relocate our room during an extended stay for the single reason the person above us gets up early, 5am, and makes noise for the first hour that is disturbing enough to wake even the most sound sleeper. This person goes to bed late, 1am, then gets up early (no avoiding this). It is not as if the person is deliberately making noise, it is just that the hotel has very thin insulation between the floors, directly resulting in the noise transfer from walking to opening doors being transferred to our room, all night and morning long... You get the scenario.
The solution for us, to maintain our sanity and get some rest was to move to a new room. Was not much better and the housekeeping seems a little off because now they have to clean an additional room for the sake of our hospitality. Ultimately, we will not stay here again, even though we really enjoyed the simple convenience of this extended stay hotel.

Like I said, good hotel, reasonable rates - just make certain you get a 3rd floor/top floor for any length of stay.

By the way - the pictures of the rooms, kitchen, bedroom - not accurate! The rooms are standard rooms, the pictures must be from a model room.

Room Tip: Top floor is the only floor. Do not choose first or second floor - you will regret it.
2 Thank Dr N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Holly, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife and I choose this place because of the affiliations they had with the Laser Spine Institue (LSI). She was getting back surgury and we needed a place that was close to LSI. It was close to the airport and LSI in Tampa, FL.

This suite had a full kitchen that was stocked with basic pots, pans, dishes and flatware etc.... We also had a small living room and dining room. We had a nice size bed room with a queen bed and a nice walk in closet. It was clean and, the bed was very comfortable. I can't say enough how friendly and accomodating everybody was. Everybody from shuttle drivers (Harry and Gino) to the front desk people etc.... The shuttles were very prompt everytime we used them. The pool and hot tub was clean and, the grounds at this apparently large hotel and suite facility was kept nice. The pool area had adequate number of chase lounges and small tables at it and, it had the nicest work out facility I think I've been at. It also was a gated community and, my wife enjoyed this. The price was reasonable. If I had to pick at something, I wish they offered King size beds. I would also suggest that they lower the shower curtains or, put longer one in. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this place to anybody.

Don (from Michigan)

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is NOT an average hotel/motel. It is more like a Condo or large Apartment Complex. We spent one night in a 2 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, living room, dining room and full kitchen. We were comped this room by our airline company due to being bumped off of a flight (by choice for round trip tics). What a wonderful surprise to be put up in this hotel. We may consider going back to this hotel because of how nice it was. The grounds are beautiful with ponds, a heated pool, hot tub, excercise room and a very nice restaurant. The shuttle service to and from the the Airport right to your room was excellent. There are multiple buildings and it is a gated hotel.

Room Tip: The in-room internet is free if you have a cat5 cable to plug into. The wifi has a charge so bring...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ft.Myers, Fl.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo for a few nights while visiting Busch Gardens. I was blown away by the value. There were 2 full bathrooms, a living room, dining room and full kitchen to go along with the 2 bedrooms. There were televisions in both bedrooms and the living room. It was very clean. We even had a small patio that overlooked the lake.

It was a little off the beaten path, but we found it in just a few turns.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Seymour, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here the night before a cruise and it was perfect for that. The hotel is situated more like an apartment complex than a hotel and we enjoyed that aspect of things. Lots of reviews discuss the bland rooms, but quite frankly, we weren't expected a condo on a beach. It was certainly much better than a true hotel stay - with a full kitchen, dining room, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, living room and balcony. The complex is gated and we felt very secure living our car on the premise for the duration of our cruise. The hotel drove us to the cruise terminal and picked us up from the terminal as well. We had no problems and enjoyed our experience here and would stay again. The location was convenient to the bay and Clearwater as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This stay at Mainsail Suites Hotel Tampa was one of the best experiences we have ever had. Everything was perfect, the room, the location, the people and the price. We won't stay anywhere else when flying out of Tampa.

Room Tip: No need all the rooms are great.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

When you first arrive you are expecting the rooms to be decorated in something a bit more suitable for a Florida city, but after walking in I was wishing that had put forth some sort of effort to call these suites. Which brings me straight to that point of a hotel calling rooms suites. When you think of suites you think of luxury and amenities, but I guess if you throw a kitchen in a place and a living room its now a "suite". If that's the case housing projects have kitchens and living rooms, so beware.

Problems:
*Beds are not awful, not great, just plain beds with plain white everything and I mean everything.
*The pillows are just pitiful and why they still have them is a mystery. You need about three to make a decent one and decent is being nice
*Dirty bathroom..the mildew and grim was an added insult to the lack luster plane jane bathroom
*Decor is not everything, but at least being up to date it. I remember looking at some framed artwork in the living room thinking "I've seen better art in a thrift store"
*$11bucks for a breakfast buffet that look comparable to what you would get at say at a Best Western; however If it was at the Best Western it would be free.
*Despite having a large coffee maker in the room, I still had to deal with the standard awful complimentary coffee in the room. This did not cut it so I walked to the front office hoping for something better. #1 the nice big coffee dispenser was not working #2 the huge vat of coffee was barely warm and when I went back for a second cup to choke down it was now empty and there looked to be no one any time soon coming to fill it back up.
*I didn't even have a freaking ironing board!! What place actually has the audacity to call themselves a suite without providing an iron and ironing board. I mean even the sleaziest, roach infested, hole in the walls have this very STANDARD amenity

Other than it was close to the airport and that the complex was gated I don't have much else to say about it. I would never come back

Room Tip: If you find yourself here, get a room closer to the front of complex
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends