A group of us spent a Wednesday night at the Ybor Hampton Inn before heading out on a cruise out of the Port of Tampa. Recalling from my college days, I feared Ybor might be a little sketchy at night, but it was misplaced anxiety. My 80-year-old mom loved Hamburger Mary's for lunch, right down to posing for a pic with the Hamburger Mary statue. Much of the family came in late -- after midnight -- from San Diego, but we got them fed at Old Manhattan Pizza, an easy walk away. Great service! The crowded nightlife sidewalks actually make the neighborhood feel much safer than if it were desolate. As for the hotel itself, it was very secure and clean, and the staff was incredibly responsive. I can't compare the included breakfast offering to other Hamptons, as this was my first, but it seemed more than adequate. And the coffee/tea was available around the clock. The complimentary shuttle was great for getting our party of 10 to the port. Be a little careful with the closets, however. When you're packing up, it's easy to forget they're even there, just looking like a full-length mirror. Two of us left clothes behind. No problem, though -- we called once we were back in port and everything was wrapped and waiting for us at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites(R) hotel in Tampa-Ybor City/Downtown makes a great connecting point: It is located in the historic district of Ybor City - only about a mile from the Tampa Convention Center, the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminal, and the Channelside Entertainment District. Enjoy our free shuttle service to any location within three miles of the hotel. Additional amenities you are sure to love include: spacious guestrooms with a microwave and mini-fridge, coffee maker, 32' inch flat screen tv, ergonomic desk, free WiFi, free hot breakfast available daily, outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, on-site convenience store, and 1,000sq ft of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tampa / Ybor City/Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown Florida