“Don't you dare miss this !!”
Review of Dosa Hut

Dosa Hut
Ranked #898 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Indian
Description: DosaHut is a blend of South and North Indian vegetarian dishes and takes pride in offering the best authentic and genuine Indian cuisine in Tampa Bay.
Reviewed January 6, 2016

We were in Tampa looking for a nice Indian restaurant. Based on restaurant reviews, this was rated 4 against another one (which was rated 4.5). However, my wife wanted to have dosas that day and as the name says it, we landed here.
I am so glad that we chose this place. Brilliant food, very tasty and authentic. I have given ample details below, which would help you make your decision :)

Restaurant - Pure vegetarian
Ambiance: Very average, don't expect fine dining at all :)
Day 1: Dinner time - Ala Carte
Order - You walk up to the main counter and place your order. Then take your seat and the order gets delivered to your table. Similar to a few fast food Indian chains or Schlotzsky's.
Service - The order gets delivered to your table pretty soon. In fact, once it so happened that I ordered there and by the time I reached the table, the food had also reached there. Impressed !!
Food - Samosas were great, green and tamarind chutneys were ok. Medu vadas were super cripsy and tasty. They were so good that we could have it all day ! The sambar and chutneys (coriander-coconut) were too good. Dosas/Utthapams - Order any style and you won't be disappointed. Their dosa batter is very good, and the taste will leave you wanting for more.
Cost/Price - Very very reasonable. Excellent value for money

Day 2: Lunch Buffet
After Day 1, we had to go there again to enjoy this lovely food. This time, we had the buffet. The variety of food items they provide in the buffet will simply blow your mind away. You would be stuffed with food to cover your lunch and dinner, but you would still not stop eating, it would be that delicious.
The only part (for patience haters) is that the Masala dosas get replenished every 5 mins or so, but they are picked up people in like 10 seconds :) So there you'll need to wait.

They have 2 chefs (one from Chennai and one from Karnataka), so you get flavors from both these areas of India.
Overall, excellent excellent food (repeated the word excellent for more emphasis) :)
Don't miss this restaurant if you are in the Tampa area.
The only other Indian restaurant in the US where I have enjoyed South-Indian food to this excellent level is Masalaa in Colorado (you can see my review of it). The only difference between these 2 restaurants is that the service here is much much better than the one in Colorado. Hence the 5-star rating to this restaurant.

2  Thank Sanjiv S

Reviewed September 30, 2015

We were on a day trip to Tampa and Clear Water and craving for some South Indian food. Ventured into this place and they were serving buffet for $9. We liked the buffet there. Would like to go back if get a chance.

1  Thank Ashutosh N
Reviewed September 30, 2015

This is quality sound indian food. The masala dosai was perfectly made - crispy on the outside with spicy inside. The sambar was equivalent to the ones that you can get at restaurants in India. The place is no frills, simple, there may be a little kid (owner's son) wandering around but the food is unbeatable.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

Nice Lunch buffet. Cheap and inexpensive . Advise would be to add plain dosa in the buffet which they gladly make on order only now

Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

I love the Dosas my favorite is the Mysore masala Dosa it is so flavorful and delicious. It's a delicious potato filling wrap in a thin crepe style bread. I could eat it everyday. I recommend the lunch buffet too, good variety and you can try various Indian dishes.

Been to Dosa Hut? Share your experiences!