“You get what you pay for”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #89 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Excellent location near, almost at, Busch Gardens. Older facility that the management is trying to keep current....heavily used, but clean....decent amenities...check in was a hassle for some reason.....had a typical continental breakfast though the breakfast room was spacious....

1  Thank naboodle
HD2007, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Hello Asheville Visitor,
Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate your comments and would love to hear more. I’m not sure what the issue was that you experienced at check in and hope you are open to calling me directly at the hotel so we can talk about this. You can reach me at 813-971-8930. I look forward to hearing from you!
Ron Moran, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Location is amazing if you want to go to Bush Gardens, they even have a shuttle that takes you there and it's free.
The huge continental breakfast is included, which is a great deal!
When we hung out at the pool we noticed an afroamerican man walking from door to door leaving fliers to one of the local pizzerias and checking if the door was open. He did that we every single door, so if you stay there make sure your door is locked!!!
We watched him from the pool. I went immediately to the front desk and let one of the front attendants - Indiana - know, she called for help and the guy was gone.
The rooms are ok, but you can't expect more for that price, the carpet was dirty and had sticky stains all over so it was disgusting to walk bare foot, I found some hair in the bathroom as well.

1  Thank mika41

Mike,
Thank you for staying with us, and even more, for taking the time to alert our front desk about the pizza flyers. Many people would not have said anything. I appreciate your efforts. We are putting in key doorsways to all of the entryways to help.

Ron Moran, General Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Snap Shot-
Good: Inexpensive, close to the parks, good customer service, nice little pool, two room suite is great for kids, TV’s are updated and work, ac works well, there is always hot water.

Bad: Very noisy, spa was turned into a planter, breakfast is very poor, I don't know how to say this nicely but the people there were....rough around the edges. Cat calls, smoking, drinking, and hanging around everywhere. Place is very run down. None of the locks to the outside of the building work. There was a sign that actually stated that the use and trafficking of illegal drugs on the premises will be prosecuted.

Our last stay-
First we were given the key card to a room that still had people in it! That was pretty uncomfortable. I went back to the front desk and the receptionist apologized and gave me keys to another room. We went to that room and when the door opened the smell was so bad that it blew me back. We didn't even step foot in the room. I closed the door and went back to the front desk. They gave me another room. The lock on this room didn't work and the maintenance man had to come and try to get it to work while we waited to lock our things in the room. We were not offered anything for all of the trouble. I am all for a bargain but this hotel will no longer be on our list of options. The hot tub was one of the best things about this place and it is now filled with mulch.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This place is very run down. The couches are torn, dirty and old. Our room had no water pressure. A few people from our party had to stay in a smoking room since the were sold out of non smoking. That smoking room smelled horrible. It burned your nostrils. In dire need of remodeling. The breakfast was ok with cereals, milk, coffee, juice, bagels, yogurt, danishes and 2 waffle makers. Which for the volume of people who wanted them it took a long time to get through the line.

Parking was decent and very close to parks and USF.

Room Tip: Stay away from smoking rooms and ask to inspect room.
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed a week here. We booked through a third party and had no problems with reservations or getting into our room. We stayed on the third floor and were still satisfied. We did not have any dirty carpet or disgusting furniture in our room, nor did I find any bugs of any sort as others had wrote down. If you want a top-notch hotel, go pay money up the butt and take your snobby selves elsewhere. This is not a place for celebrities so I don't know why people expect it to be. It's a wonderful place for family, couples, and anyone who wants to relax and have a good time. The bartender was wonderful and friendly, the staff at the front desk were very open to any questions and very friendly as well. Although the pool was too cold for me, my fiance enjoyed swimming and it was very clean and beautiful to sit by every day. Free breakfast every morning was great! The only problem that we did have, was the shuttle, which was not the hotel's fault. The driver had told us he would be picking us up at a certain time, and we had waited almost an hour and had to call the hotel for someone to come get us. I loved our room and this hotel made our vacation wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I felt leading up to our stay that I had a good perspective on what to expect and we got just that. First room they gave us had NO beds, only bed frames. Also overheard a lady complaining about a huge amount of hair clogging the drain in the tub; do not take a bath in cheap motel! The second room we tried was quite nice. AC unit was old but functional and most of the room had newer appliances and a renovated bathroom except the rusted chrome on the towel rack. Pool looked inviting and outdoor space relaxing. Check out the room first and arrive early so you don't get the worst room they have; that might even scare me.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We took a chance and stayed here for our family trip to Busch Gardens. The lady who checked us in seemed disinterested and just gave me the key. No directions, nothing. After finding the room we found the the door did not lock. The floor was filthy with visibile stains on the carpet, beds, and furniture. DISGUSTING. We changed rooms to one that was slightly cleaner, not much better though. We decided to suck it up and make the most out of our trip. After returning from a night out, we discovered that the remotes were not working for the televisions and the microwave and refrigerator was not working. Meaning all of the items that we left in the fridge during the day had spoiled. We were not happy. Fortunately we were issued a full refund. They should have paid US to stay in this dump. This is like the low budget hotels that you find on grimy highways where the lowly people do their business. This is not a hotel to have a vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms here are dirty and filthy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family