“Very tasty Spanish food”
Review of La Casona

La Casona
Ranked #468 of 2,706 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Delicious Spanish food! Friendly staff, fast service. Variety of plates! Great Sangria! Skirt steak, conch salad were great!

Reviewed October 13, 2016

I friend recommended this place for the mofongo. we went at lunch time on a Saturday. The lot was full & it seemed busy.

We were seated after a few minutes. We got menus and it seemed a bit pricey for the neighborhood, considering the lower priced options just within a few blocks. So we waited about 5 minutes. No one came to our table. Then I set my stop watch, which I always do when the staff seems slow or clueless. After an additional 10 minutes passed without even being offered water, we got up and left. We went to Pollo Tropical about 5 minutes away. It took less time to drive there and be eating out meal than the whole time we were waiting at this pretentious dump.

The owners need to train the staff much better. I saw 3 servers at one table tending to some lady who had questions about her meal. Does it take 3 people at one time to explain something to one patron? Well maybe the patron was an idiot, who are usually hard to talk to. Maybe the staff are idiots, which I am glad we left.

Anyway, I won't be going back. They suck. Maybe if they do take out I might order something one day. However, considering all the latin restaurants on Armenia Ave, they better step up their game because their prices and service will not make for repeat customers.

4  Thank Johnny-Boricua
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We were looking for some good Mofongo after we had it on a cruise to Puerto Rico. My co-worker is from Puerto Rico so I asked him where to go. He told me to go to LA Casona Restaurant in Tampa and he was spot on! We around 3pm or so since the place isn’t that big and gets crowded fast. We ordered a craft of Sangria and really enjoyed it. We decided to order the Empanadillas with beef as an appetizer and the taste so good….we knew by then that we made a great choice to visit this restaurant. I ordered the Monfongo relleno de Bistec-Monfongo stuffed with Steak and wow I really loved it but couldn’t eat it all. My wife ordered the Mofongo relleno de Pollo-Mofongo stuffed with Chicken and it was good but we both liked the Monfongo with the Steak better. The Yuca Al Mojo-chunks of melting rich boiled cassava smothered in tangy garlic sauce and It was so so good. We got dessert to eat at home since we were both full. We ordered the Flan de Villa and the Guava Cheese cake and both were real good with a cup of coffee at home. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back to try more menu items.

2  Thank William Mark M
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Food was very good but the service here is terrible. I ordered the mofongo with chicken. It had to have been sitting for a long time at the pass as it was quite cold. When I told the server, she took the dish back. When she returned, the dish was the same one she took back. She had thrown it in the microwave and now the food was too hot to eat.
These people need a serious lesson in food service. They have no concept of expediting......

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

It hard to make this review the day before i when alone and service was good actually great. The next day i took a friend with me so he can enjoy the service there.

He is a blk male like to try what the spanish culture has to offer. It took 10 mins to be seated, the host is also a waiter there so we understood that.

Once in our table after 10 mins a male waiter took our order, he took our drinks and our orders, after 10 mins our drinks were still not at our table i had to flag him down to ask if our drinks he said oh yea.

After 45 mins and 3 ice teas and my drink still no food, we sat therr looking an no one paid attention to us. We notice people that came in after us getting there food.

I ask a waiter about iur food she said they have a big table with big order, i told her that we were here before that table she wake away and i guess didnt here or paid attention. I felt very bad because i brought a friend to this place yo eat.

We got up and ask for the manager but they just ask what the problem was, we told and they were rude, do we aadk for the bill fur drinks we had and paid snd left.

I retrack the previous review and will not go to this place again, nor recommend, my friend felt bad said to me you think its because of my color and i was not spanish.

1  Thank vablade

Been to La Casona? Share your experiences!