“''I enjoyed my stay and would be bacK''” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #135 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Brooklyn, New York
“''I enjoyed my stay and would be bacK''”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and it was just wonderful ,the price was excellent ,the staff very friendly and helpful ,the hotel is well maintained the grounds well kept .Two weeks visiting from New York i didn't know what to expect but i was able to enjoy my stay .Housekeeping i must say thanks to the two ladies who kept my room clean with fresh bed linens and well supplied with towels and whatever i needed .The breakfast was good basically the same thing every day but from 7am - 10 am what more can you asked for ?I would stay at the Howard Johnson on Fowler ave again next time i'm in Tampa .I was not driving but you need to have transportation to get around .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Stewart, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

First i have to say the service was excellent, the staff was always friends and helpfull and speedy checkin and out. But the carpets in the room were gross! Stains covered the floor and didnt look like it was cleaned in a long time. a good shampooing is needed. The beds were awful but we did notice they were replacing the beds in several rooms. we asked if they were going to get to our room soon and they said they dont know till that day what rooms they are doing so i m not sure if they are doing all or just a few everynow and then. But the new beds looked really comfortable, pillow tops! So if your lucky to get one of those your good! Only other thing is location, its really close to everything we wanted to do and only 30-45 mins from the beach but its on a street where when u come off the highway you have to do u turns. It just annoys me but nothing they can really do about that so i gave it a 4. The price is fair compared to other places. Not the best rooms but bareable to get a better price. Came with micro and fridge too. Swimming pool is clean, we were told we could stay past 10 when it closes if we are quiet which was nice too. When we first arrived there was an awful smell in the hallways and i couldnt put my finger on what it was but it was gross. Luckly it went away by that night. The breakfast was basic cereals, bagels, danishs and toast. with coffe and milk. U cant drive more then 5 mins without seeing a Dunkin Doughnuts so thats an option too! If u can over look the carpets for the amount of money u save i would recommand it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has balcony, 1st has window only
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank grimgizmo
Lawrencevile, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Oh my God!!! We made reservations a few weeks in advance. When we pulled up to this place, prostitutes with their pimps were literally everywhere around this place! We were so tired from driving, we decided to stay at least one night and bear it...BIG mistake! The no-smoking room wreaked of cigarette and canibus smoke (as did the hallways). The bathtub literally had no finish left on it. The sheets were stained with, well we won't go there. The swimming pool had a sheet of oil? on the surface and looked liked it hadn't been cleaned in months. People were hollering and screaming and slamming doors (and this was at 6:00 pm on a Friday!). We stayed the one night and high-tailed it out of there first thing the next morning after a heated argument with the desk clerk to refund our funds for the reamaining stay. We ended up the the Holiday Inn which was a blessing in disguise (highly recommend). HoJo is a NoGo for us!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank HONDASCREW69
Edison
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I had booked this hotel through expedia using their phone agent. They recommended me this hotel/motel since i wanted something between University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital. Yes the location was right, but there were other hotels they could have recommended. The place looked okay from outside, but the room color and the bed sheet color made the room really dirty and old. Bed was not comfortable at all. The bathroom was very clean surprisingly! In short, I would choose another option if it was not for budget and last min. thing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank oosarkaroo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

Steer clear of this place - it was the worst hotel experience I can remember. The first room they put me in had to be over 100 degrees when I entered it. They may have had the heat turned up in hot, humid Florida because they were trying to dry something out of the carpet - half of which was wet with some kind of fluid that I don't think was water (there was some of it on the bathroom floor and it was slippery, like some kind of soap.) I nearly slipped on it in the bathroom and in the hallway outside. The tub was dirty and there was literally a mushroom growing out of a gap between the wallpaper and the tub stall. Turning the loose wallpaper back revealed a serious mold problem.

I requested another room and they provided me with another one, but that one wasn't much cleaner: A few minutes of walking around the room in bare feet or white socks dirtied them. The seal on the small refrigerator was broken so it wouldn't stay closed, and the air conditioner was so loud it was extremely difficult to sleep. The phone didn't work and when I complained about that the front desk clerk informed me that people kept breaking the cords on their phones (really?) and they had run out of replacements.

The neighborhood was also very questionable and when walking to the only lounge in the area I was approached more than once by vagrants.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank MediaManLA
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I thought since it was close to Busch Gardens and the name Howard Johnson Express Inn it would niceand the price was good because I booked the through Expedia. The prictures online is a lie. It really looks run down and dirty. The hallways had a bad odor. The bathroom was not clean. The towel was not bleachy white. The walls was dirty with holes. The area was bad. There was people (crackheads) hanging outside. I think it was a Motel. The glass doors was unsafe. I do not recommend anyone to stay there. It do not matter if you are young, old, single, married, with or without kids please find another Hotel. {TRUST ME PLEASE}

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank KeishaA99
FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

Very friendly staff but a complete dump! Bad neighborhood, extremely loud hallways, filthy rooms, run down, horrible beds, cob webs, cracks in doorway, bugs everywhere. Way too pricey for such a mess of a hotel. Not at all what we expected but got there too late with sleeping kids and not able to find another place for the night.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family