Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay is a beautiful hotel approximately 10-15 mins by hotel shuttle from TPA. Hotel offers great vistas of the bay and environs. The property offers 2 pools, many restaurants, multiple room options, and nature trails.
The trip began on the rocky side when I booked my stay through Hyatt Reservations and I mistakenly asked for the Hyatt Regency Tampa Bay...(different hotel and about 20 mins by cab away). After another call to Hyatt Reservations my error was graciously corrected and was rebooked at the Grand.
Check-in: The reception area is a somewhat cramped area between the lifts and the exits/bar; many people having to weave their way through and around guests at reception. Also Hyatt needs to promote the elite check-in line as the small nondescript glass sign is easily overlooked and ignored.
TED, the front desk agent that assisted me was fantastic! Ted was efficient, friendly and knowledgable about the property and its features. After explaing that the property was "fully commited" there may be a slight wait for my accomodation, he also offered other options in the property. After a brief wait (10 min.) Ted came to the lounge informed me (by name) that my room was ready, and offered his and his coworkers assistance in making my stay pleasant. **JOB WELL DONE!**
Accomdation: The room was on the 8th foor and turned out to be a large bay view suite. Room met the Hyatt perception of cleanliness, and appointments.
Grounds: Put this hotel in a resort like catagory. The entire property is well maintained with many secluded areas for sunning or walking. The 2 pools have lounges and cabanas with bars and plenty of seating.
Dining: At the bar and had the Tomato Avacado salad. YUM! Service was attentive. The only thing that would make the experience better: BRING BACK THE CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP!
Full disclosure: I am a top tier member of the Hyatt loyalty programme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay offers a unique retreat for business travelers and vacationers alike. This 4 Diamond, waterfront hotel set among 35 tropically landscaped acres offers 442 deluxe guest rooms including 23 suites, 45 casitas and exclusive Grand Club accommodations, two swimming pools, tennis courts, a nature trail, three restaurants including award winning Armani's high atop the 14th floor and Oystercatchers at the waters edge. Conveniently located five minutes to Tampa International Airport with complimentary shuttle and International Plaza & Bay Street Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Tampa Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Florida