1,675 results
All reviews shula's steakhouse office building rooftop pool panera bread mall across the street parking garage floor to ceiling windows pf changs four star business hotel self park close to the airport front desk staff fitness center lobby area international plaza intercontinental
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here recently for one night before a cruise. There is a free airport shuttle, and quite a few restaurants within walking distance.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and equiped with flat panel tv and ipod dock, so that was nice.
The lobby bar had one sports channel playing, and offered only bottled beer, no draft. Drinks were expensive, as we have come to expect in a hotel that is considered four star.
The views were kind of bland unless you are on higher floors. We overlooked an office building, our sons' room had a nice view of Tampa.
Service was very polite and efficient. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to look out to an office building, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I'm seriously scratching my head to find a positive thing to report on this one. A seriously aged property with NO CATCH. Not even if you try. Other than the mall, there is nothing much of interest in the hotel area. They were doing something to the walls when we were there, so they wallpaper was hanging half-wall down, making the hallways look like those in an abandoned building rather than a 4-star property. The carpets (especially in hallways are old and stained). The elevator is scratched all over. The bedding and the room furniture need updating --urgently! The service is average to below average with apathy projected onto you on entering the building. The place must switch to a lower-grade brand as InterContinental implies higher class than this oldie of a hotel. Will not return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank root9900
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that you did not find your visit to the expected standards but your feedback will help us improve. The work you witnessed in the hallways was a rewiring project to improve our guest internet service; I deeply apologize for this inconvenience during your stay. Thanks again for your review.
-John

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Overall a very nice and comfortable room, but ladies beware. If like to have counter space in the bathroom, you will be disappointed here. The space is so limited that I had to put the toilet seat down and use it as counter space as well. And yes, the proximity is that close. Also, if you can avoid the 3rd floor rooms on the outside of the building, please do. From these rooms there is NO view, the windows are literally eye level with the roof top. The parking garage and the offices from another part of the uilding are not far away. Be prepared to keep your blinds closed at all times.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alps110
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and for your recommendation to future guests. If counter space in the bathroom is what you are looking for I recommend asking for an accessible room at check-in. These rooms are configured somewhat differently than deluxe rooms and include more counter space in the bathroom.
Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am sitting the the hotel now as I write this:

I usually do the mystery cheapo book, using one of my favorite sites. The site is pretty acurate regarding its star ratings but this one missed the mark. First, lets discuss the positives. Location is convent. The staff was helpful. The decor was beautiful in the lobby and the room. The bed was high but comfy.

Now on to the bad stuff....

Their website advertises complementary internet, this is not true. Therefore, it is a lie. I will argue with the front desk when its time to check out, but we will see.

Parking is horrible. The garage is small, hard to navigate, and not marked well. It took me 20 minutes to find parking, and the front staff apologized and stated that it is because of the neighboring offices.

You are surrounded by office workers. My window had no tinting and I was stared at by office workers beginning their day. Glad I wasn't in my underwear.

Ok here is the summary:

This is a 3 star business traveler hotel at the best. I am a regular Cono Sur of 4 star hotels. This doesn't come close. No privacy. No Parking. No Complementary Internet (as advertized).

Not good for families, because the have have a mini bar that will cost you $45.00 to remove.

This is merely an office building, with a hotel inside as an after thought. You have to walk a long ways to the parking lot. Retail price is robbery, mystery book site is a little high for the value. Go to the Westin...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AaronJKing
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Aaron,
Thank you for your review of InterContinental Tampa. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to your satisfaction; however I appreciate that you have provided us with valuable feedback so that we may improve. Best wishes for future travels.
-John

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Tricia Jones, Mara Smith and Brian Libby...two words: Extremely Helpful! Ok, and nice. Thanks for all your help. Blair Tinkle (National Association of Attorneys General)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thanks Blair! It is great to hear your visit was so positively impacted by our Front Office team. I will be sure to pass on your praise. Thank you for sharing!