Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
US$194
US$140
SailportSuites.com
US$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgentleman's clubwrapped muffinspullout bedfull size refrigeratorthe ritzsmall kitcheninternational malllaundry roomworked fineolive gardenoatmealfree breakfast iswould stay againwestshore malllocation is greatchecking inlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline as a matter of convience because it was close to the Tampa airport and had free shuttle service. My son was in town and had a very early flight so rather than travel in the early hours of the AM it made sense to be close.

My GPS had a tricky time trying to locate it, or I should say I had a tricky time because the sign was below a huge sign that read "Penthouse Club" (see photo attached)

The hotel is actually located behind the Penthouse club. My 24 year old son was over the moon because the hotel gave him a free pass to visit the Penthouse! So, this is the perfect hotel for anyone wanting to visit the Penthouse and/or has an early flight.

The shuttle service went above and beyond allowing me to ride to the airport with my son and then catch the shuttle back after he flew out.

Our hotel room had a pull=out single bed that was convenient however the room didn't include the bedding for it so we had to make another trip to the desk to get bedding and once we pulled it out, there was a bit of garbage under the seat so that was not clean. My queen bed was excellent for sleeping and he was fine on the pullout bed.

Nice clean kitchen area with a simple bathroom area and HBO playing a nice flat-screen with a DVD player as well.

Easy breakfast in the AM so all in all it was worth the stay!

Room Tip: Bottom floor, 500 area was a nice spot for us.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DannaCrawford
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our shuttle service was prompt and you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This was my first ever stay at an extended stay America. the price was really cheap on priceline and most hotels were full in the area so i gave it a try. NEVER NEVER again would I stay at another extended stay.

First off this whole budget concept of no maid service except once a week and a light cleaning once during my 3 night stay is disgusting. Imagine staying in a hotel room that isn't cleaned on a daily basis. Think of the dust and the germs that lurk in hotels. Upon entering the room I realized the whole suite idea was a joke. My room was tiny with a divider wall between the kitchen and bath. There was no room to move in this room it was so small. Even upon entering the room, I noticed it wasn't even that clean already. the chair had stains all over it. Carpets were obviously dirty and worn out. The bathroom floor tile wasn't even clean nor was the tub. The shower curtain had black mold all over the bottom of it.
The next day I brought my dirty towels down to exchange for clean ones. It took all day and 3 attempts to finally get clean towels. like thats some big luxury to get clean towels in a hotel. I guess you dump your own trash in the trash cans that are overflowing because nobody changes them. I never saw the maids once vacuuming the hall carpets either. Plus the towels are old and worn to the threads. After my second night, my last day before checkout I get a "light" cleaning. what a joke. The maid comes and dumps the trash, changes out the towels and makes the bed with the same dirty linens. No cleaning the carpets, no cleaning sinks or toilets.
But the most disgusting thing here is I already had been recovering from a cold when i arrived but somehow I seemed to be getting worse. My coughing was out of control when i was in my room. when I looked in the air conditioner vent next to the bed you could literally see all the mold in there. So the minute that went on it was blowing mold in your system!!! This is a health hazard.

Bottom line. This place is disgusting. Run from here don't walk. The health board come here and make a visit and shut this mold pit down. Using budget and value is no excuse for not cleaning. The motel 6 has maid service!! I would never stay here again nor at any extended stay America.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ericsf
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be re-trained so this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

this had got to be the worst bed I've ever attempted to sleep on. they give you 2 pots to cook with and neither are non stick. In fact when i checked in the one pot had the lid in it upside down and so stuck i had to apply physics with heating the pot and cooling the lid to finally unstick it. Also there are a lot of construction workers that frequent this place and make their home out on the front stoop chain smoking and pounding beers. real welcoming!!!!! You need to ask for everything like toilet paper and tissue. don't even hope for a breakfast except for a granola bar and coffee. The ONLY positive thing I can say is that it is located close to just about everything.But back to why you don"t WANT TO STAY HERE. Every time some one closes their door your room shakes and it make alot of noise. You can hear every noise any one makes in the next room. They Do give you a cutting board.....but only a serrated steak knive????? oh there goes the banging door again. Can't get any work done.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. In response to your feedback, I am going to take your concerns and address it with the appropriate staff members. Additionally, I apologize that you did not enjoy our Grab and Go breakfast, which consists of assorted muffins, fruit, oatmeal, breakfast bars and coffee. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I paid for my room daily instead of weekly because I didn't know how long I would be staying.

Good luck getting room service. I stayed for about a week and the maids never came to my room. I saw a roach crawling in my room. This hotel is pet friendly and I was put on the 3rd floor with noisy dogs. I went downstairs to pay for my room for one more night and the woman at the front desk rudely asked me " Are you ever going home?" Wow nice customer service that was the last straw I packed my things and left.

• Stayed: October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive cleaning service. In response to your feedback, I am going to retrain my Front Desk Staff. Upon check in, we need to explain to our guests that you do not receive cleaning service unless you stay a full week (7 days). We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America at 1805 West Shore Blvd. in Tampa for seven nights. We were very pleased with our visit The staff was extremely polite and helpful. Our room was neat and clean. The AC worked extremely well. The planes landing at Tampa Airport were fairly close but we could barely hear them unless the windows were open. There is a "gentleman's club" next door, but we couldn't hear any loud music or noise from them even though our room faced their parking lot. We did not see or hear any of the dancers or the patrons from the club. In fact, their large purple sign made it easy to find the turn to the hotel. Our bed was extremely comfortable with just the right amount of covers. The room was cleaned twice while we were there. Everything in the room worked, from the flat screen TV to the toaster, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. The "grab and go" breakfast was coffee, fruit, breakfast bars and muffins. The coffee was good and strong and the muffins and fruit were both fresh. We did not hear any other guests from our room, although you could hear the occasional TV when walking down the hall. We felt safe and comfortable while we were there. The value received for our money was exceptional. I recommend this hotel to family, friends and anyone else looking for a great value while on vacation.

Room Tip: Units on the northwest corner are easily reached from the parking lot, no matter which floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David E
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.