“Great food!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We went with our family of 5 on Easter. Great menu were able to get in right away without a reservation and the food was plentiful and delicious. Enjoyed the food from appetizer to dessert. Will be back. Also is a parking voucher that gets verified if you eat there.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Every time that we go to the Sponge Docks we always go to Hellas for Lunch then we go to Rusty Belly's for dinner then we go back to Hella's for dessert. Great prices and great food.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Hellas Greek restaurant, located in the small town of Tarpon Springs, is a very good attempt to present an authentic Greek restaurant. The music, drinks, decor, are all Greek themed. And of course the food, also. While there are other choices of food, our group all decided on a Greek salad, and it did not disappoint. A huge salad was brought out to each, by extremely friendly, and helpful staff. Service was very quick. Attached to the restaurant is a huge Greek bakery, with many, many, fresh sweet treats to tempt you even further. The smell was amazing.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This used to be our go to place for Greek Food, unfortunately no more. First of all the tacky blue neon may have been something nice in the 70's and 80's but it's hard on the eyes. We started out with a couple of sodas but I had to send my soda back because because it tasted so bad, I wrote it off to the Tarpon bad tasting water that's used for fountain drinks. I started with a (1) bowl of soup Avgolemono soup which had good flavor but was barely warm. We ordered Dolmades for an appetizer but you can only get as a dinner for $13.95. They were fine. A (1) small Greek salad which I considered weak. I ordered the Domestic Lamb Chops that were supposed to be $29.95 according to the menu and was charged $36.95 that's about $9.25 a chop they were good but not that good. My Wife had the Chicken K-Bob which on the menu was $18.95 and was charged $19.95 she said it was okay. In closing the meal was just over $100 for two which is excessive for what we had and it's quality. To boot I was still charged for the soda I took a sip of and sent away. I still tipped 20% to the waitress because she was nice and seemed as tired as the decor. This place was always a place for tourists but now they are just milking it for what it's worth. The meal was worth something, and for me the knowledge of not to go back was the rest I paid for. Farewell.....Hellas....Opa!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Hella's is what you think of when you think of a Greek restaurant in Tarpon. Blue and white decor, flaming cheese, giant bakery, smell of retsina... look it up, there will be a picture of Hella's. It's a gigantic place and they do everything right. Plus they have the biggest, most stupendous bakery you can imagine. It gets very busy, prepare to wait for a table. Prices aren't cheap but not out of line. The wait staff are great, the place is the real thing.