“Run away.”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
New York
“Run away.”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked this place on a short notice, hoping that recent updates have turned this ex-Keys motel into a nicer place. The reality could not have been more different.

"Renovations" consist of a poor paint job. They painted *tiles* in the bathroom! Of course paint is peeling off already. Rooms are extremely dirty - floors look like they have never been washed or swept. The first room I was offered had bed sheets that were obviously left from previous guests - with *lots* of hair. In both rooms I've been to there was dirt, grime and hair everywhere. Old furnishings, dirty microwave and minifridge, tiny old TV. Don't forget the extremely noisy window AC that never shuts off. I had to turn it off half-way through the night just to get some sleep. Also doors that don't lock, road noise as rooms face US 1, worn out towels. I could go on - but you get the picture.

On the day I was there, the whole place was empty (there was one other car in the parking lot).

Oh, and I paid almost $100 for this stay. I'll chalk it up to learning experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank bork3000
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
We are extremely sorry to hear about your recent bad experience staying with us. Since we took over this place we have been working very hard on making it a nice place where to stay while visiting the Florida Keys, a place where you would come back with friends and family. Of course, we can not compete with the many 4 or 5 star hotels that you can find in the Keys. Yes, the bathroom tiles have not been removed (yet) but there are new vanities and floors, new tiles in the rooms instead of carpet, fresh paint, and new beds. Also, we are getting all our new furniture from Tahiti and new plasma TV's, bedspreads and pillows. What surprises me is the dirt and hair you've seen, I have a lady that goes over every room every day checking for cleanliness since its what we thrive for.
We would kindly like to offer you a free night stay at Creekside Inn whenever you plan to come back so that we can make this up to you. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this experience and look forward to having you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

it was another great stay at the Creekside Inn in the Keys (Tavernier near MM 90). it is a cozy warm place with great views, a restaurant next door, a great bar (Dillons) walking distance and clean/comfortable rooms at a great rate! highly recomended over the chain joints!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dave s
German F, General Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for this nice review!! We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed here in November, I could tell the rooms were under renovation so I got a very decent rate for mid-week. I was delighted to open the rear door and see the canal, the sunset was glorious. The building is old but I had a very decent nights sleep and the shower was fine, especially the fancy shampoo and conditioner and soaps. The woman who checked me in was gracious and had a lovely French accent, she apologized for the renovation mess, but she didn't have to . The tiny pool was a treat, clean and cute.
One of the reviews here was terrible but I would probably be angry if there were screaming kids and music, and swearing fishermen in the morning, but that was not my experience at all. I would highly recommend the Keys motel, they are trying to update the rooms, good luck to them. I plan on going back.

Room Tip: Tiny room, good value. Right on main road but I didn't hear road noise, and I am a light sleepe...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank j m
Thank you for your comments ! We are certainly working very hard to make the hotel a great place for people to stay when visiting the beautiful Florida Keys. Looking forward to having you stay with us on your next trip!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
3.7 km away
5.9 km away
Dove Creek Lodge
Dove Creek Lodge
#7 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!