All reviews jimmy dean across the street within walking distance grocery store boca ciega bay cleaning fee bath condo saw dolphins the property manager well stocked kitchen washers and dryers beach chairs minute walk to the beach perfect location bay view nice condo a wonderful place to stay
Reviewed October 25, 2018

The facilities and staff were excellent. Our unit (#102) was a two-bed/one-bath unit that easily accommodated three adults (and could have easily accommodated more).
The pool and outdoor sitting areas were well maintained and welcoming.
The staff was accommodating and able to answer questions about the area, as well as help we travelers with odds and ends.
I'd definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Westwinds Waterfront Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon when you come back to Treasure Island.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time. I admit I didn’t realize it was a condo situation when I booked. I thought it would be more of a hotel resort. It really is a condo with a pool. The staff was very helpful when I was notified that keys were to be obtained between 9-5 and our flight was arriving later in the day.
The room was salacious and comfortable. We didn’t use the kitchen for much, but it was well equipped. We had a ground floor room with access to the bay. There were lovely tables out the back door where we were able to visit with family after a wedding. The wedding was just down the street on the beach. Plenty of room on inside for visitors too. There is a very nice market a short walk down the street.
I don’t know that we will be going back to Florida anytime soon, but the location is great for beach goers.
Again, the staff was helpful and kind, the room was spacious and comfortable, and the location was beautiful.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DayTrip,

Thank you so much for your review of the Westwinds Waterfront Resort here on Treasure Island. We greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know how we did. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our waterfront location. We offer our congratulations to the married couple and wish them a lifetime of happiness. We look forward to seeing you again should you return to the area.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here the last 4 years in a row when jimmy was still there and never had a problem always had a great stay and always received a warm welcome this year was a different story !! We arrived at 4pm to be told your booking has been cancelled despite paying deposit at time of booking with jimmy and having paper work to say rest is to be paid on arrival !! We got told that oh that all changed you now need to pay it before arrival but yet no one had bothered to inform us of this before our arrival !! We were then told oh it’s ok we can book you back in !! And were given a totally different condo to what we had originally booked despite arriving before the 5pm closing time so not impressed by that, we booked a bay view but due to the trees we had more of a palm tree view than an actual bay view !
No one gave us any codes for the washing rooms and on one occasion I used the 2nd floor washing room as door was wide open and had not been told that was for condo owners only and had all my baby’s washing shut in as someone felt it necessary to shut the door (out of spit I feel!) so I had to go knocking on doors to find someone that had a key so not a very pleasant experience!
There was a big stain under the table that someone had spilt priory to our arrival and all the pillows had stains, so I was glad I always bring our own pillows for the children!
This place had always been a 100% but sadly not what it was so I think next year we will be looking for a new condo as I don’t want to have to worry will I have a booking when I arrive !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent experience with us. We apologize for not providing an exceptional experience this time around. I would love to be able to discuss these issues at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to reach out at 727-363-4807 so we can ensure these problems will not arise in the future. I hope we can regain your business and you will allow us to show you the improvements the property is making.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Amazing place. Clean. Spacious. Easy check in. Will definitely return. Well stocked kitchen. Within walking distance to grocery stores and restaurants. Although across street from beach, easy walkway. This is my fourth visit

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Roam651519
WestwindsResort, Front Office Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you have returned to visit us throughout the year. We strieve to make our first time guest and our return guest feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We arrived after office hours but everything was perfectly organised for our late arrival. The apartment was clean, spacious, comfortable and had everything we needed. A small housekeeping issue was quickly resolved. Wi-fi was included and reliable. The most gorgeous beach was just a couple of minutes walk away as was a Publix supermarket. At the back of the property was the waterway where other guests had caught and cooked fish as well as spotted dolphins. We visited Busch Gardens and Johns Pass while we were here. Would I stay here again?? Absolutely!!

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Quinnyracer
WestwindsResort, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you so much for this amazing review, we do our best to make sure your stay is comfortable especially on your vacation. We have enjoyed having you and your family as a guest and we cant wait to have you back in the property.