Our stay was from 2/15 - 2/22/12 and we felt the Bilmar Beach Resort was an excellent choice as far as location and accomodations.
I would definitely recommend a room with a gulf view and a balcony, which we didn't get. I agree with the many other comments regarding the cleanliness of the resort and friendliness of the staff!
We loved the walking path along the beach - that was a nice bonus! Having two restaurants to choose from plus the many nearby was also a big plus.
The "Shells" building was fine with these exceptions. The amount of light coming through the glass block bathroom window at night was very annoying so we kept the bathroom door closed. Another issue was the lack of water pressure in the shower...it was more like a 'dribble'. Perhaps that problem was just in our room?
A couple other things I'd like to note - We were never given an extra roll of toilet paper so I'd help myself to the ones on the cleaning cart instead of calling the front desk.
Also, the little bars of soap we were given dissolved by day two and weren't replaced so I opted to buy regular size bars at Walgreen's which made more sense anyhow.
If you plan to make use of the closet you might want to pack extra hangars.
On the positive side, I loved having a fridge, coffee pot and microwave/toaster in the room. The bathroom was a bit small but the room itself was a nice size. The beds were quite comfortable and I appreciated all the extra pillows! WiFi was slow at times but not a major problem....I was happy to get a signal on the beach too!
Overall, we loved our vacation at Treasure Island and would definitely stay at the Bilmar again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida