“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bilmar Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Ohio City, Ohio
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and our 6 year old daughter recently stayed at the Bilmar Beach resort. It is a very nice resort for the price. Rooms are nice, **Advice- Ask specially for a NON joining room if you do not intend to need this, as we had a joining room (which I didn't know until we arrived & could hear the neighbors right through the door) , resort has nice restraunts & 2 pools. Staff was really friendly and housekeeping did a really nice job!
Also, my only other advice would be if you are going there for a nice, relaxing weekend with your kids or family , be sure to check to see if any "beach parties" are going on.. we arrived the Sunday before Memorial day & the beach at Bilmar was insane with partiers... not kid friendly then and I know these weekend events are popular with the locals in the summer. They are fun for adults but not kids with so many people drinking & drunk around.
Also, note to Bilmar or whoever would do this, after events on the beach someone needs to clean the beach up better, there was trash left everywhere.

Overall, good stay at Bilmar, but we will probably not stay in this area again because of how polluted the beaches were with trash & this seemed more like a place for people with no children..

5 Thank Melissa7505
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your Bilmar Holiday experience with your fellow travelers. I appreciate the positive staff comments and will share them with the Team. Good advice on the connecting rooms but please note that only 34 of our 164 rooms and suites have connecting rooms; mainly our Shell Studios. I apologize you heard the family next door and will look into some better door sweeps to help future travelers. As you noted the City of Treasure Island does sponsor some large Holiday Celebrations; specifically Memorial Day “Bands on the Sand”, July 4th All American Celebration and the Famous Sanding Ovations Sand Sculpture and Music Festival the weekend before Thanksgiving. All include live music, food and craft vendors and an awesome Fireworks display. The events are well patrolled by private security and our T.I. Police but the crowds can be rather large around 9pm for the fireworks. Normally the City staff does a better job cleaning the beach after the events and I will share your comment with the City Manager. I sincerely hope you will return to the Bilmar Beach Resort at a time you can enjoy the beach in a more pristine condition and would be happy to suggest a good time and arrange an accommodation to allow for maximum relaxation.

Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was a much needed get away
And with a few hick cups Chris saved the day!! All the staff was great prett much!!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Sport99fun
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We (my partner and I and our 2 daughters) stayed at the Bilmar for one week over spring break. We had a phenomenal time! Loved treasure island. Went to Tampa Zoo (ok), Busch Gardens (some of the best coasters we've tried!), and took the Calypso Cat to Egmont Island (Island Boat Adventures) which was fantastic! We also went parasailing from St John's Pass...kids absolutely loved it!

Room Tip: 1st floor Gulf front efficiency is the way to go! You are right on the beach and have fridge, microw...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 2MomsRochesterNY
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

They charged us twice for our room within 3 hours. When we called them on it, they denied they did it, even though I was looking at my bank statement. Then when I convinced them they did charge us twice, they took 5 days to take the second charge off. It was $1000.00 times 2. They gave us a $50.00 gift card to their restaurant and free breakfast for one morning. Try feeding 4 adults on that for 5 days. They did nothing else to try to get this resolved faster. It was a nightmare. They owe us a lot more than 50 bucks and a free breakfast. If they are such a premier hotel, they would have stepped up and took care of this matter. I am still pursuing this matter. Talk about ruining a vacation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Diana S
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Diana S.,

Please accept my apology for the apparent error with the authorization of your debit card during your May visit at the resort. As you discussed with Kim, Director of Operations, our system only showed the single authorization and payment of $735.61 versus a double request or even a failed communication (a system error that has been known to double authorize on rare occasions). With your assistance Kim contacted your bank and requested a release of any other authorizations. In good faith she believed the conversation and faxed release document had resolved the matter and that the funds were made available for your use. For your time and inconvenience Kim believed the two complimentary meals would be appropriate compensation (again this was based on the banks assurance the funds would now be available). It is our sincere goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide a worry free beach get away. I am sorry we did not succeed at this goal and would welcome the opportunity to have you back to the resort and regain your confidence. Please contact me if there is any outstanding issue with your bank or if I can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We booked directly with the hotel via their 800 phone number. I was greeted by a friendly representative both on the phone and at the desk when we checked in. The staff at Bilmar really put respect back into the hospitality business. The staff is so refreshing, it really made our short three day stay so enjoyable. We booked a mid-week special, so look for mid week rates. Upon checking in, our room had a noisy fan. We were moved within one hour to another comparable efficiency suite. I would not worry if you get a suite with a stove top, as no one we spoke with was using theirs. Most restaurants serve large portions, and I ate leftover quesadillas and pizza for lunch warmed in the microwave. The resort has a lot of lovely outdoor sitting spaces for you to enjoy if you do not have a view in your room. The gardens are so well maintained, it was a treat to just enjoy each spot so well attented to....so much care has gone into this place you can feel it. The free wi-fi made it easy to work and get things done while enjoying coffee in your room watching the surf or the sunsets. The beds were clean and comfy and quiet. I especially appreciated that their was one heated pool and one pool naturally heated. People also are so nice they leave their floaties behind so you can have a float in the pool. I would like to say the on site restaurants, Bazzie's and Sloppy Joe's have great service and it is so convenient. You'll love their big breakfasts. I have to give a shout out to some great service staff at Bilmar, and I will be back to say hi next time for sure. Phillip the bellman, Nancy at Bazzie's, Giorgio at Sloppy Joe's and Carol in Housekeeping. You guys really rock and put the good in the good vibrations at Bilmar.

Room Tip: Look for mid week rate; close pool gate softly as a courtesy to others :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FoodieGal
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

When we arrived we were early. Check in is not until 4pm. They let us check in early and since our room was not ready they upgraded us for free! Excellent first impression! The room was very clean with an excellent view. We stayed above bazzies and above the pool near the main entrance. No noise at all! We could open balcony door and here nearby music! The pool was excellent! Nice and cool on a hot day after the beach. I liked it because they allow you to bring pool toys and floats! The beach was a good walk from the hotel to the water. We brought a wagon (my daughter is 4) to make the trip easier on us! Still an excellent walk finding shells and watching the birds. Staff was great! Especially our housekeeper (Cara or Karen? I forget.) She was so sweet to my child. I tipped her and she looked shocked! Please remember to tip your waitstaff of all kinds! Publix within walking distance and a 24 hr Walgreens across the street. Had a wonderful stay will be going again!

2 Thank Hillary G
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was my first time in the Treasure Island area and the Bilmar was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and view was fantastic. It was kind of loud sometimes in the morning, but not enough to bother me too much. The 2 restaurants on site were awesome, Sloppy Joes is a great place to have some drinks and watch the sunset. There are many things to do in the area. It's walking distance to John's Pass Boardwalk, which a really cool area to see. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple