“Always good!”

Joel's Pizza Palace
Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Valrico
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 24, 2018

This is by far the best pizza in my opinion. Always fresh and consistent. Never disappointed. Many pizza places in the area and this is my favorite

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This place has been reopened as Bella Pizza. We went there last night and enjoyed it. There is a small area up front for in-house dining. We got to talk to the owner and all the employees. They are very nice and it was fun talking to them as they worked. The place was busy with pickups, there was a few deliveries too. There large pizza is 18 inches, that’s a lot of pizza. The crust was cooked in the oven to a golden brown. The topping were great! The onion was not chopped little pieces but the whole ring of onion. It was nice to see handcut toppings, not something from a frozen bag. We loved our pizza, we had enough leftover to reheat and eat during the Buc’s game today. We will be back again!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Joel has been around forever and knows his stuff. Started decades ago making pizza and building relationships at Wizeguys Pizza in Brandon by the movie theatre. Now? Has his own place with the same family feel and great food. I'll give him a perfect rating because he has never forgotten my family or names and sits next to you to have a conversation. He's all about the people that walk through his door.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 1, 2017

We have dined in, had carryout and even used them for large events. Pizza is goood and wings are too. I have used the wings numerous times when hosting large parties. Nothing fancy for the decor and cannot handle large groups.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I had been looking for an authentic pizza place in Brandon/Valrico for years. We had one on Hwy 60 that came pretty close to Joels, but it was missing something. JOEL himself. This man is so down to earth,& will acutally look right at you and say, " what do you want'? If it's not on that menu and I know how to make it, Its yours. i'll check on the ingredients , I will do it for you, right now, I will make it. WOW WOW WOW Who does that for a person he just met, I had been in the store maybe 5 times at this point when he first opened the doors. He is great.. Well.. I love the pizza.!!! Thin like italian crust is suppose to be, it is thick enough to hold the toppings, it is not cracker crust. But it is not pizza whatever deep dish. so if you want bread, go buy a loaf or go to the chains.
The food is great., the Calzones are so auththentic. Never dissapointed. The chicken parm is to write home about. So delsh. He makes a shrimp parm, Fab!!! Joel made me Chicken Marsala one night when I could not figure out what I truly wanted. It was superior. And he made a bit for himself and said, do you want to sit with me and eat. I said I know you are busy, I regret the day I did not break bread with that man. What an honor. There is a resturant which i will not name over on Westshore that serves upscale italian food, Joels chicken marsala , pizza, clazones, spaghetti and meatballs beats there food any day of the week. I enjoy coiming here, everyone knows your name, but that is not the reason. The food is to die for, fresh, nothing ever bad, I have never had a bad meal here. The prices are so reasonable. If you want to sit home and order Papa Johns and pay the same amt for inferior pizza, or pizza hut or any of those other chains. Please don't. Experience Joels It is far superior and I love it now that he delivers. I am tired when I get off work. I enjoy the convience of the delvery. When he came to town, I was a happy woman. His daughter is adorable and in the resturant somedays. She is a doll to talk to as well. You don't have to believe me, but I sure would like for you to try this great pizza and food this wonderful man makes.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to Joel's Pizza Palace? Share your experiences!