“Yummy”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed January 22, 2018

A very good sushi place in the heart of downtown Venice. I love the chowder that they make with the leftover pieces of sushi - it is amazing!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 22, 2017

We managed to order and wolf down an entire meal here in less than 20 minutes. We were rushed to get to the movie theater, and even though we didn’t put Bushido on notice, they managed to accommodate us perfectly.

Food here was pretty good, not excellent. My spicy yellowtail roll was much better than my spicy tuna roll. My daughter’s rainbow roll looked wonderful, and she was served extra ginger without charge. My son’s teriyaki chicken was served generously, and he ate most of it, but it seemed at least partially pre-cooked.

The ambiance was laid back and unpretentious. People here were dressed informally, but it was still a solid notch above fast food.

For a downtown location in a tiny Floridian town, Bushido was much better than I had expected, and I would recommend it to those seeking a solid Japanese meal.

4  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Reviewed December 13, 2017

I ordered the Tokyo Bento box at my 1st visit. It was $17,95 which is expensive for a lunch Bento box compared to other sushi places. It didn't come with rice which they usually do !
the flavor of all was good so I will try again .

Reviewed December 13, 2017

Stopped in for a quick dinner with my two little girls. It was good, average sushi. Service was good and waitress was super friendly. Gave my little girls fried bananas at the end of the meal. It is by quaint shopping, so after dinner you can go for a stroll.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I came here specifically for the Poke Hawaiian bowl as not many places serve this healthy dish.

The waitress was courteous and the service fast. I noticed several people coming in for pick up.

I admit that the portion size of the Poke bowl I was served seemed too small and I was disappointed at first. I've had Poke at a couple other restaurants and the raw fish usually sat on a salad of vegetables with rice beneath.

This Poke was just about all meat with small shreds of carrot and other herbs. On the whole it was better quality sushi than I had experienced elsewhere and it was very satisfying even if I was confused at first. It might be best to order this with others and share with dinner guests.

The server brought out two small warm, pastry puffs for dessert. I normally don't go for dessert but these were on the house. They were absolutely delicious, filled with a fruit flavored custard.

I'm guessing the other meals are good, too, judging from the quality of my Poke.

Date of visit: October 2017