All reviews heated pool crock pot owners staff coffee maker room was clean a small kitchen area old florida style maintained property couple of nights two queen beds rooms are small an older property tile floors stay there again venice beaches fridge and microwave nice pool
Reviewed January 4, 2017

Nice, clean motel located very close to Venice and Caspersen beaches, about a 5min drive. The motel is only accessible from one way so you must make a U Turn to head towards the beaches. My only complaint is minor, and that is the AC units were pretty loud. The room was spotless when I arrived and had everything I needed - comfortable bed, toilet, shower, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, TV with cable. Walls are thick so I didn't hear neighbors or traffic from 41. This is the best bang for your buck in the Venice area - I will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHANDRAKANT P, Manager at Sunshine Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Your kind words are appreciated. I'm glad you had an excellent time and We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and we apologize once again for any inconvenience you may have experienced with A/C UNITS and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there on vacation for two years in a row. Just an AWESOME place for the price!!! Owners were pleasant and rooms very clean. Looking forward in going back in 2017 for another week of vacation. They also have a pool that's super clean and heated. You will not be disappointed on your stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
CHANDRAKANT P, Manager at Sunshine Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us during your stay at Sunshine Motel. We really appreciate your rating regarding our staff, cleanliness and value for money. We are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

Room was super clean, beds were very comfortable. Fridge, Microwave, coffee maker and kettle all in excellent condition. The washroom was on the small side with only a shower but in perfect condition and all that I needed. Shower soap and shampoo were very good quality.

The owners are very friendly and helpful. Motel is conveniently located on S. Tamiami Trail only a 7 minute drive to the centre of Venice, yet it was very quiet and in a safe area. I didn't use the pool but it looked very clean and I was told by other guests that it was super warm.

The location is also perfect if you like to bike - glad I brought my mountain bike with me! There are a number of excellent dedicated bike paths within a block or so of the motel. My two favourites were the Venetian Waterway Trail with an easy ride to Caspersen Beach (<15 minutes), Sharky's on the Pier restaurant (another <10 minutes) and the town and beach of Venice (another 15 minutes). Lots of wildlife along the trail (saw an aardvark, lots of gopher turtles and various birds including a 4 1/2 foot Great Blue Heron).

The longer Legacy Trail which starts close by and ends in Sarasota - about a 1 1/2 hour ride if you ride all the way at a good but not super fast pace. Trail was scenic and at the end of the trail you can ride through some neighbourhoods within Sarasota to take you to Siesta Beach (rated the #1 Beach in the US for its ultra fine white sand).

I had a wonderful vacation and will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
CHANDRAKANT P, Manager at Sunshine Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2016

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your taking the time to share your experience.. We're glad we could meet you needs. Glad to hear our location met your needs and that you had a chance to enjoy the beautiful Venice island, area beaches & bike paths, Thank you again for your detailed review and we looking forward to having you back again.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

The Sunshine Motel is the best deal in Venice, Florida! Cool mid-century property. Rooms are reasonably priced and sparkling clean. The owner, CJ, is very nice and most accommodating. Location is close to beaches, shopping and dining. A must do for a great place to stay in Venice!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your staying with us and for taking time to comment on your stay. we are happy that you found it well maintained and well priced. Your input and kind words are much appreciated. Thanks for your review, we looking forward to having you back again.

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place if you don't need a fancy hotel. You hear absolutely no noise inside the rooms. The owners are super nice. They keep the pool clean. I saw people cleaning it and their children swim in it. We were upgraded and our room was very large. If you can afford it, go for it. I am not sure of how much more it costs. We have a table that seats four, a sink, and nice little kitchen area. The tv also had more channels for children than some hotels.

It's super convenient to everything. The only hard part is figuring out how to get in the entrance. My GPS was a little off. Call and get directions if needed. We came off Tamiami trail north and ended up going around the block to get in the entrance.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, Your kind words are appreciated. I'm glad you had an excellent time, and we look forward to having you back soon.