Motel 6 Venice
BestWestern.com
US$234
US$182
Hotwire.com
All reviewshot waternice pool areabeds were comfortablegreat place to stayflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

For this price, it's excellent, but giving 5 circles may convey the wrong image. Very friendly and helpful staff. The internet worked fine, but can be slow due to # of users relative to access points. The room's interior is well-worn, reflecting wear and tear of use, but it was very clean. Some of the other reviewers, I think, are confusing "dirty" with what is simply well-worn interiors. The price is going to go up if they renovate and I'd rather they didn't given the cleanliness to my senses of sight and smell. Appropriate priority to sanitation is reflected in modest bathroom renovations, with relatively new (yes, economical, not fancy) showers, sinks and toilets installed. The pool and surrounding area are clean and well-maintained. The walkways and stairs are, again, old, but well maintained. You get two channels of HBO and a nice cable pakcage. Free coffee from 6-10 AM. It tasted fine. For $51.50/night, given the location (very close to nice beaches), I was a most satisfied customer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank cohenf
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We were trying to stay cheap because this was a totally unplanned trip. We decided at the very last minute to detour after our time spent at the Wyndham in Tampa near the Moffitt Cancer Center. That was necessary...this was for fun...

So I read the reviews and think...we just need a bed. So we did it. Welllllll yesterday morning we woke up to find DIRT at the Foot of the bed. GROSS. I decided not to say anything yet because I figure that retaliation might not be past this management (although the front desk seemed really sweet and personable).

The Internet sucked. Never worked for me.

If you stay here just know that it is a CHEAP place and you certainly get what what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My sister & I stayed one night at this hotel while visiting friends who were staying in nearby Englewood. Check in was a breeze and the staff at the front desk were VERY nice and friendly and let me pick the room I wanted (#121). The hotel was definitely average. Its a Motel 6 for $50 so no one should be expecting much. The room most certainly had the bare minimum in amenities - the TV had like 5 channels, there was no alarm clock and in the bathroom - no kleenex but there was a bottle opener (?!). The room was pretty clean however a couple of small bugs were spotted in the bathroom in the middle of the night. But as most Floridians will remind you it's Florida in the middle of summer - there are bugs EVERYWHERE.
The pool looked nice and was set back in between the rooms away from the road so it was nice but we didn't get a chance to use it as we spent most of our time at the nearby beach. It is also close by to some restaurants and downtown Venice.
The only complaints that I have were on the A/C and our 'non-smoking' room. The A/C was extremely efficient but a tad on the loud side. We requested a non-smoking room but I think that they don't separate the rooms out because ours definitely smelled faintly of smoke and there was an ash tray in the room with a big 'No Smoking' sign on the bottom of the ash tray which was odd. Our room connected to another and I'm wondering if it was a smoking room or if it was coming through the A/C vents...hard to tell. However, neither thing bad enough to complain or move rooms - as we were hardly in the room and only staying one night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The room, very small and bare, looked more like a prison cell than a hotel room. No alarm clock, no soap, no shampoo, but cockroaches in the bathroom. If you want Wi-Fi, ask at registration, as only a few rooms are connected... but best : go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We chose to stay at Motel 6 when we were in Venice for one night to visit friends. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor before making the phone reservation, and opted to believe the more current and positive reviews, which mentioned that the motel had been renovated. I confirmed the reservation with a credit card, and received a confirmation number.

We arrived only a few minutes before the check-in time of 2pm, but reception was not able to confirm that our room was ready. Check-out is 12 noon, so the maids are not able to access the recently vacated rooms to begin cleaning until after that hour. The desk lady could not be specific about when our room would be ready, so we went to visit our relative, who was staying locally with a friend. We didn't get back until about 8:30pm. This delay in getting into the room would be troublesome if a person had driven a long distance to get there and needed to rest or wanted to freshen up...we had only come about 150 miles, and are frequent travelers, accustomed to being flexible.

The room was clean and furnished with the usual Motel 6 simple bed, table, chair and TV on the dresser. The bathroom shower was an interesting corner unit, with the shower head at the leading edge of the stall...seemed like a smart idea, because it avoided squirting water on the floor as the head pointed to the inside shower wall. Towels were white and fluffy. Overall, it was a good value for the rate. Nothing fancy here, and thankfully the mattress was medium firm and confortable.

I think Wi-Fi is available at the motel, but I'm not sure if there is a charge, or if is only available in certain rooms, etc. We didn't bring a laptop.

We did not use the swimming pool because our time there was short, and in the morning the temp was a bit chilly (in the mid-50s).

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple