“Fun dinner with the kids”

Shogun Japanese Steak House
Ranked #105 of 255 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

We tried Shogun for the first time. It was a lot of fun for the kids. It solely serves hibachi, and our chef very courteously made sure to cook my vegetarian meal before the meat dishes. Be prepared to share your table. The staff was all wonderful. At the end of our meal, a flying eagle was sculpted out of a carrot and presented to our youngest. He's still playing with it. Although this is not the type of restaurant you'd visit for the ambiance, everything was fresh, the service was fantastic, and the place was packed with locals.

Reviewed January 24, 2017

By far the best tepenyaki Steakhouse in Sarasota County. Not the greatest show or atmosphere but really great sauces and quality food. Fun wait staff, that tries to make your evening memorable. If it's Mother's Day, be sure to make a reservation. The locals love Shogun and family.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

I have been going to Shoguns for over 20 years. It is still amazing every time I go. The food is always fresh and the atmosphere is all smiles. I really enjoy them

Reviewed December 29, 2016

great show and fun food definitely a place for the family or a date.
Eight to Ten people per table and you watch your food prepared right at your table

Reviewed November 10, 2016

We eat at this restaurant a lot, but sometimes, I don't like to wait, so tonight my husband surprised me and brought it home! It was delicious as always and made just the way we like it. I order the shrimp & steak and it is always good.