“Handy for Venice Town and on the 41”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Venice
STAFFORDSHIRE
“Handy for Venice Town and on the 41”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed here 2 March, had booked the room prior to our stay, wanted to stay at the Inn at the Beach but it was full. It was convenient for the closeness to the 41 and easy to find, not too far a trip to Venice shops and beautiful beach. Checked in early as soon as we arrived, nice helpful lady on desk. The room inlcuded a lounge area and small kitchen, also 2 beds with view of the pool. The only problem was that this room smelt terribly of smoke, although we had asked for a non-smoker. I think it must have previously been a smoking room previously, the problem is you can never remove the smell unless everything is rigorously cleaned. I spoke with the housemaid and she gave it all a good spray with Fabreze which made it a little better. Breakfast was excellent, all the usual items one would expect and we ate around the pool area. All in all not too bad a stay, although disappointed with the smell, but I think I would look for an alternative hotel next time.

Room Tip: Stay at the Inn at the Beach Hotel, 725 West venice Avenue.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. I'm glad that the one bedroom suite was well suited for your needs and that you felt the breakfast was excellent. I am very sorry if there was a smoke smell in your suite. It is so frustrating when someone smokes in a non-smoking room, which is what you were in. It really takes a lot of work and is so inconsiderate to furture guests. I certainly hope that you will come and stay with us again when you are in Venice, we are so perfectly located to all of the attractions and if you give me a quick call, I will personally make sure you have a beautiful smoke free suite.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We checked in very late--around 1230am, and were just glad to have a room, however it was close to the elevator and we heard the noise from our room. We would have asked to move but it was too late at night. The next day we were at a funeral all day and just were not able to move rooms. The bathroom is very tiny, and does need to be updated. We just thought for the high season rate the room could have been more---we have stayed at much nicer hotels in San Francisco for the same rate as what we paid at the Hampton. The breakfast is the usual breakfast that you get at a suite hotel.

Learn from us--ask when you check in to get a room away from the elevator.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was a decent, quiet hotel and we had chosen to stay at Hampton Inns based on previous experience. I think it dawned on us this time that Hampton is a franchise outfit because, despite the familiar touches (laptop tray on bed nearest window, utterly revolting Wolfgang Puck coffee, nice bed linen), other things were quite different. A particular disappointment here was the poor level of the decorative condition of the bathroom, a bit tired and rough round the edges.
The room, however, was quiet with a pleasant view over water and our request for a top floor room was honoured.
We were only here one night and it makes a useful stopover on the 41 near a pleasant small town.
Good price, tiredish room. You could do worse...

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SimonPaul
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. I am sorry that you felt our bathrooms were a bit dated. Fortunately you had a beautiful water view as a nice distraction. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your stay in our beautiful city of Venice.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Is there a time when you just want a stress free experience. Well, this is it. The Hampton Inn is not on the beach or next to a National Park. But it is the place where I find myself for a weekend each month. Check-in is always a breeze. Check-out even easier. One of the highlights is breakfast, make that "full" breakfast, that is available every morning. Carol, Tish, JC, and Sam are always a delight to work with. In fact, all of the staff are a delight. Ever have a problem? It will be fixed immediately. One time my daughter thought that her bed wasn't up to snuff - Carol took care of it and then gave my daughter a pint of icecream to boot. Hey parents, lighten up, icecream is good in moderation. Restaurants are abundant nearby, but don't expect be city places. So, I hesitate to write this review, because I always want to be sure that I have a room when I come into town.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DiverDad16
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Suites were very big, clean enough for me but not for wifey. Breakfast spread from 6 to 10am was amazing and best part of the stay. Hotel cribs were filthy. Nice pool/patio area and staff was wonderful Best large chain option in Venice until the Ramada is built later this year.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank scojo100
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is like staying at a resort without the resort prices. Close to downtown Venice and about 4 miles from the water. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Phil2594023
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This hotel is a really nice place to stay in the Venice, FL area. My wife and I have actually stayed here several times and each has beenas great as the previous ones. Check-in is always painless, the rooms are always ready when we arrive and check-out is so fast, if you blink you miss it! The hotel is clean and the ammenities are also kept up. The complimentary breakfast has a decent variety and the hot food is hot and the cold food is cold. I could keep going about the hotel, but in all honesty.....I believe it's the staff that makes the stay great every time. Always very helpful and efficient and even more rare to find anymore...they listen when you speak. I could go on and on, but why not try them for yourself next time you're in the area. You will see what myself and most of the other reviewers have experienced when we've stayed here. I'm going back next month!

Room Tip: Try a king size room away from the elevator. I've stayed on several different floors and no iss...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank eeeeyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
2.0 km away
2.6 km away
Island Sun Inn
Island Sun Inn
#8 of 13 in Venice

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!