“The best in Vero Beach”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Consistently the best fine dining in Vero but a bit pricey.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Charming waiter helped us select. Our group of 5 sat on terrace outside, covered, but sudden rainstorm sprinkled us - we stayed put while everyone else tried to get inside. Our meal was very good....roasted duck, grouper, salmon, were all excellent. Pear salad was yummy. Lobster bisque was a bit of disappointment, but ok. We were headed for theater so with delays from rain, no time for dessert. They all sounded good. Maybe next time!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We ate at Tides last night, and everything was so pleasant. We started with a glass of bubbly outside while waiting for our table (not a long wait at all). Everything on the menu looked great. We decided on the pear salad, oyster 222, polento, and steak tartare (for the daring). Everything excellent, beautifully presented. The pear salad and polento were especially wonderful. We ordered duck for our entree, and it was very sweet and moist. For dessert, we had coconut mousse with fresh slices of pineapple. (You have to see this to believe it! It was so light and delicious, I could have eaten 2 or 3 of them.) !!! Ha. This place just seems to be getting better and better, if that is possible. They've repainted the interior: what used to be "new england blue" is now "southwest" gold. Congratulations on your stellar journey!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband found it too crowded and noisy but we were there at a busy time - 6:15. The pasta dish he ordered was too rich for his taste. But I had escargot (excellent!) and fried duck which was also excellent. The service was good and they had a nice menu. Good choice for a "nicer" dinner spot; most of the men were wearing sport coats and the ladies dressed up a bit. You'll need to make a reservation as it's a pretty popular spot.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had the pleasure of being on a business trip for the month of January in Vero Beach - from Jan 1st to Jan 25th. Out of 24 days - went to the Tides 8 times. In my opinion - it tied with my other favorite restaurant - Amalfi's. But the atmospher at Tides - very homey yet classy. The waiters and entire staff - professional, friendly and charming. The food - doesn't get any better. Hot; superb and the specialties would change daily. I was impressed with the wine list - some wonderful French wines very reasonably priced. The owner (I think) - a woman would visit the table and was absolutely CHARMING. This is a real treasure in Vero Beach - and I can't say enough good things about it. I travel close to 80% of the year on business - and this was a favorite of mine. Probably ranks in the top 10 places I've been to in the country - it was that good. And I have no affliation with this - I don't know a soul at the place. But I do know good food and service - and this place rocks.