The Driftwood is like no other place we have ever stayed at, and we have been coming here for many years as guests. Waldo Sexton, the designer and original owner, has left his unique mark on this special place, from spiral staircases in some of the rooms to stained glass adorning many others, to boat parts and other oddities placed all around the property. You know you've arrived at a really special place when a child's coffin (empty!) with a glass faceplate greets you before you enter the bar. We have stayed in about 7-8 different rooms over the years, including several oceanfront suites. All have been delightful stays. We last stayed here November 2011 for a family trip. Wake up and walk right out to the ocean, or take a coffee on your patio. Excellent restaurants, galleries, and shopping are all walking distance from the hotel. There is music featured on weekends. Depending on where your room is, you may or may not hear it, but the noise is not intrusive, and we've stayed very close to the pool and bar before. The Breakers area is our favorite to stay, because of the large 2-room suites and long, private patios or porches (2 stories) that face the ocean. Whether you are a family, student, businessperson, or just a party animal, the Driftwood staff will set you up right. All are very helpful at the front office. There are two pools, a grill, picnic tables, scavenger hunts (where you really learn some interesting Driftwood history!), and shuffleboard. There is always something to see and do in and around The Driftwood! All of this, and just steps from the Atlantic. We will be returning soon - we love The Driftwood!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, eclectic oceanfront resort with two of its buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. 100 rooms and suites of varying sizes all with some kitchen facilities. Old Florida at its best, rocking chairs in front of every unit to gaze at the ocean while enjoying a beverage from the on site restaurant, Waldo's, the last of the Great American Hangouts! With 9 buildings on the property, there is something to please nearly every taste. Located right in the heart of the beach business district there are more than a dozen restaurants and lounges within walking distance and a newly renovated city park right next door with wonderful playground equipment for the kids. Join us for fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Driftwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Vero Beach
- Driftwood Resort Vero Beach, Florida