I'm so surprised at the positive reviews. The doors hardly open and my room temp is 77 degrees due to air conditioning failure. On top of that, a band is playing at full volume directly beneath me. After calling the front desk, I was told there was no technician available and I would have to move to a different room. However, I was put on hold after being told the room type I booked is not available. This might be the worst experience I have ever had with a "resort" while traveling Florida. I'm gonna deal with paying $200 per night with no A/C and get out of here early tomorrow. Tack this one up as lesson learned. I will never return here despite my frequent travels to the area. I'm giving it 2 stars because the front desk staff was very friendly in spite of the horrendous condition of this "resort".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, eclectic oceanfront resort with two of its buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. 100 rooms and suites of varying sizes all with some kitchen facilities. Old Florida at its best, rocking chairs in front of every unit to gaze at the ocean while enjoying a beverage from the on site restaurant, Waldo's, the last of the Great American Hangouts! With 9 buildings on the property, there is something to please nearly every taste. Located right in the heart of the beach business district there are more than a dozen restaurants and lounges within walking distance and a newly renovated city park right next door with wonderful playground equipment for the kids. Join us for fun and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Driftwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Vero Beach
- Driftwood Resort Vero Beach, Florida