“Cute Location on the Beach”
Review of Driftwood Resort

Driftwood Resort
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed at the Driftwood for two nights while visiting my in-laws, who surprised us with the room. The location is wonderful - it's right across the street from a few restaurants and shops. We had a side ocean view on the fourth floor and still had a great view from our Adirondack chairs that were right outside our room, which was particularly nice given it rained for most of our visit.

The room definitely could use some updating, but it definitely had enough space for a longer stay, including a family room area, a kitchen table, and kitchenette with a full-sized fridge. We had a little trouble figuring out the AC and the bed was quite firm for my liking, but we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We are pleased to say our first day at the Driftwood exceeded our expectations. Lynn at the guest services was wonderful. Gave us information about the resort and locations of all amenities. She was friendly and professional. Great first impression. Love our studio room. Clean and spacious we will definitely be back

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

...having picked Vero Beach at random, and a nice waitress suggested staying here. I will say, it is not for everyone: it is ramshackle, and a bit junky. There’s no spa, the aircon is noisy, and it’s not state of the art fancy if that’s what you’re after.

We LOVED it. Big rooms, great staff, loads of places to sit or lie out, barbecues on site. It just felt so easygoing and idiosyncratic but handy for everything. Plus nice and quiet in October and we felt we had plenty of space. This is a terrific, authentic place to stay and we feel very lucky for stumbling across it. If you’re fed up of identikit service and great big chains, honestly you’re going to love it here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jBeatonLondonUK
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I had the opportunity to stay at Driftwood Inn over a long weekend and had a condo rental over the pool and view of the ocean. The beach area was limited since the beach must be losing sand due to hurricanes. There are different sections of the Inn and each one was unique in its own way. Rustic - modern - cottage etc. the town itself is very quaint and everything is in walking distance to enjoy. I had a great time and the Inn also has Waldo's restaurant which is perfect for hanging out - nights with music & drinks. The Inn is "weather worn" but still a place to stay at. ENJOY

Room Tip: try for ocean view rooms - its worth the extra money
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I'm so surprised at the positive reviews. The doors hardly open and my room temp is 77 degrees due to air conditioning failure. On top of that, a band is playing at full volume directly beneath me. After calling the front desk, I was told there was no technician available and I would have to move to a different room. However, I was put on hold after being told the room type I booked is not available. This might be the worst experience I have ever had with a "resort" while traveling Florida. I'm gonna deal with paying $200 per night with no A/C and get out of here early tomorrow. Tack this one up as lesson learned. I will never return here despite my frequent travels to the area. I'm giving it 2 stars because the front desk staff was very friendly in spite of the horrendous condition of this "resort".

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jeanne_GenMgr, General Manager at Driftwood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm certainly sorry that at 8PM at night there was not a technician available to fix the air conditioning in the pouring rain. We DID move you to another room with air conditioning, full kitchen, bedroom with king bed and one bath. We also had our security guard assist you in moving. There are only 4 rooms on the property like the one you originally reserved and none of them were available to move you to for the one night you were here. We also discounted your rate for the inconvenience. There is not much more we could have done and I'm sorry you found our solution to your problem unacceptable. Jeanne Radlet, General Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We came here for a planned short week visit. The visit was severely shortened by the impending arrival of hurricane Irma. Nevertheless, we liked our stay here. The room was neat. If you are looking for a modern look, go elsewhere. But for those who like a step back in time - this was perfect. To me, it was a great beach-side getaway. Our room made you feel like you were in an old ship from the 17th century with lots of dark wood. however, we had all the modern conveniences necessary to keep the teen kids happy. We will try to come back again when a hurricane is not headed this way.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Corner facing the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeanne_GenMgr, General Manager at Driftwood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

HI-
Thank you for your review and kind words about the Driftwood Resort. We are sorry you had to leave early because of Hurricane Irma but we are open again now so please come back soon!! Thank you again. Jeanne L. Radlet, General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017

What a fantastic place, I just can't get over how laid back and relaxed this wonderful place makes me feel, trying to get back in in January 2018, got my airline tickets now it's up to the Driftwood! Great people work there, and if you want a Marriott then go get one, this is no for you, if you want old school, there is no other place but here.
The Spiro's

Room Tip: Ocean front room's, you don't need a car, a lot to do right at the hotel, Waldo's restau...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tgspiro54

Thank you for your kind words about the Driftwood. Hopefully something will open up for your next visit, we love all our return guests!! Thank you again. Jeanne Radlet, General Manager